Author Topic: Hey - what happened?  (Read 6431 times)

des

Hey - what happened?
« on: December 29, 2013, 13:49:50 »
I was logged on this morning and responding to a post.  When I returned to the main Home page, the Welcome member, and the two links "Read new posts" and "Read new responses to my posts", all usually in the top left corner, had all disappeared.  I logged out and back in, and they are still missing.

Des

Sudbury II

• Admiral Poster
Re: Hey - what happened?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 16:58:45 »
I can't seem to upload pictures anymore....
"Suds"

Model Tug Man

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 12:57:31 »
Anyone able to view or upload pictures yet?
 ???
VGJQ

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 21:29:47 »
I'll give it a try. . .

Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

boman

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 00:50:28 »
Anyone able to view or upload pictures yet?
 ???
No, to pictures. Even my Avatar is a Black box, with a x inside. As are all the pictures. For me.

FsASTSyd1

• Site Supporter
  • I love cooking with Wine, sometimes I put it in the food
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 02:06:59 »
Still having similar problems, no avatar or pics just asmall box with coloured shapes in it, video OK, and 2tugboats entry above is OK but not his avatar. Strange are the workings of Mr. Microsoft.
Syd J

des

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 13:49:25 »
I just got a pm from a member in Hawaii - he can see the photos - or, at least, some of them.  How come he can see them, but most of us can't?

Des

Model Tug Man

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 04:20:21 »
Maybe we should be moving to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!
VGJQ

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 14:46:09 »
I have asked our administer to look into the issues. Please accept my appolgies for the inconvenience.
MIKE

Kev30

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 15:32:50 »
I've been trying to post some photo's on here but keep getting error occurred??? Is anyone else having this trouble, as I'm using the same method as I've always used to send photo's in.

Regards
Kevin

Sloughmac

• Dire Straits
    • Finn Slough Heritage & Wetland Society
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 21:08:40 »
Same here guys - bummer.

Ulrich

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 23:19:25 »
I looked around the Forum and although I am the least at computer knowledge, what I read
has mentioned several times that it is the person's computer at fault. Older computers having
the most responsibility. Please accept my post here as being a lame attempt to give ideas for
the cure. I am very interested to know what the administrator has to say so I know this one
next time one of us runs into having posting photos problem. Pictures are the bread and butter
of this Forum's ability to illustrate tugboat ideas and answers. . .priceless indeed.

Here is a picture to see if it posts alright, Michael in Anacortes, Washington

Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

des

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 00:30:49 »
There may be something in that - that the problem lies in the users' computers.  But I don't think that is the whole story.  I am using the same computer, with the same Internet security settings as I was before Christmas, but I cannot see the photos, yet I could do so earlier.  Admittedly, I am aware of at least one member in Hawaii who can see photos that I had uploaded, yet I can no longer see them.

But a number of links simply disappeared just after Christmas, while I was on line on the forum.  And the forum clock shifted by several hours.

I think that it is no coincidence that a large number of members started posting that they can't see photos, avatars, etc, and can't upload new photos.  This seems to have occurred at or near the time of the recent forum crash over the Christmas period.  We can't all have changed our computer's settings all at the same time to prevent us seeing these photos etc.  The only thing that could have caused such a widespread problem in a large number of user's computers would be an unintended effect from a Microsoft Windows update.  Has anyone tried to wind back their computer?

Des

Model Tug Man

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 04:31:38 »
I believe that the common denominator here is the system on which the Forum is hosted. A comparison of the settings before and after the crash would be the first place I would look.

:)
VGJQ

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 20:04:17 »
I have logged on with three different computers and still can't see or post  pictures.
Also...my home computer is only six months old.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 20:06:42 by tugs53 »
MIKE