Author Topic: Hey - what happened?  (Read 6466 times)

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
Re: Hey - what happened?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 00:41:37 »
If you don't maintain an engine it will eventually give you trouble. That is exactly what is happening with this site. At this rate, the damage will be too severe to repair. We can only hope that someone pulls their finger out! angry angry
Barry

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 01:49:09 »
Well I have posted loads of pictures over the last few years ,and now I can't even open any, so there must be something seriously wrong along the line somewhere, but who is going to sort it out, the site is in danger of not working anymore, which would be a crying shame, so please somebody sort it out. angry angry angry angry
Tugs are for life      George B

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 04:57:02 »
At the moment there is only one person who can put these problems right..
Barry

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 07:36:41 »
A wealth of information exists on this Forum including all the photos. I hope they can be restored - I used to often scroll through looking for specific photos.
Good luck with getting this back up to its happy original self.

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 10:36:17 »
Hi All,

Yes we are working on it, all the pics are safe, they are still on the servers, its just trying to get one bit to talk to the other bit ....hope that normal service will resume soon, we are working on it.

Update again shortly.
Ok, so I like a drop !

ray28507

• Admiral Poster
  • SHUSWAP :2017
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 13:26:13 »
Hi All,

Yes we are working on it, all the pics are safe, they are still on the servers, its just trying to get one bit to talk to the other bit ....hope that normal service will resume soon, we are working on it.

Update again shortly.
thank you tugmaster  you have more patience than me  'i would not have a clue where to start!! :-[  regards ray
B.C tugs >>  ken mackenzie~07   nellie irene~07    freewinds ~04       sidewinder'in b.c~11'   iron horse~12  malley b~16  western mariner ~14  shuswap ~17
  u.s.a tugs> >  nanuq~11

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 14:22:01 »
Thanks for your support Ray  :)

Just flat out with the day job but will try to get to the bottom of this.....workload has eased a bit so I can spend a bit of time trying to sort.  The forum is run on fun voluntary basis and actually costs me my own real cash to keep it going !

We have backups so we have lost nothing.

Cheers

TugMaster
Ok, so I like a drop !

des

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2014, 14:32:28 »
Hi Tugmaster

I think we are all fully aware that running this site is voluntary, and we appreciate that.  I am sure that this crash issue is just as frustrating for you as it is for the rest of us - perhaps even more so.  We are all simply venting, and not intending to detract from the work that you and the other volunteers put into the site.

However, if I may make a suggestion, could you take a few minutes every now and then to post an update so that the rest of us can be re-assured that something is happening, even if no progress is being made.

Des.

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2014, 14:58:13 »
Des, noted, so will update on the situation by this time tomorrow and again this time on Monday.

Going to the London boat show at the weekend.

TugMaster
Ok, so I like a drop !

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2014, 22:36:46 »
Hi Tugmaster - I'm sure none of us expect an individual to finance this site - how about giving us an idea of a typical "site supporter" amount that could assist.
We appreciate your enthusiasm to host this Forum. Please post some photos of the boatshow.

Model Tug Man

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2014, 05:24:29 »
TugMaster,

We DO appreciate your hard work on our behalf. Please let us know how we can support the Forum financially so that it doesn't all fall on your shoulders.

Hope you enjoy the show and don't forget to save some rum for the rest of the Limeys, I mean British.
VGJQ

Capt.Towline

• Site Supporter
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2014, 07:11:25 »
Keep up the good work Tugmaster and hope you get to the bottom of recent issues...would hate to see this ship sink!
I'm sure there are plenty who would take some of the financial load through small donations. :)

Enjoy the boat show and don't be tempted to throw all your cash into the boat hole!

Regards
CT

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2014, 13:49:10 »
I am on the phone to the web hosts, GoDaddy in the USA, as I type !

Pleading with them to sort it out !!!  :'(
Ok, so I like a drop !

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2014, 14:51:45 »
OK...after another long call to the hosts ...1h 15mins to be precise...they have once again opened this case and have promised they are re-looking at it....with a better understanding of what's wrong.  The person there whom I spoke to was pretty good and was speaking to the tech guys...and has said she will stick with it until this is resolved....instead of being passed on to another person.

Basically we have 2 issues .... I regularly back up the forum but the last time I backed up it got stuck in a loop and is still currently stuck in that loop.

Secondly, the connection to the pics on our forum is down and so we can neither retrieve pics or save new ones ...hence I expect you have been getting the message "Cannot access attachments upload path!"....the path, the connection, is the thing that's not working .

So, I have now left them busily working on this...so keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks for the kind support and talk of financial support ....yes its a drain on all my resources but hey, lets get the site sorted first and then perhaps we can talk about that stuff at a later date.

I'm off to the London Boat Show with the family for the weekend so may not be able to report any progress until this time on Monday....if I get definite news the pics are back I will definitely post the news !!

Have a good weekend

TugMaster

Ok, so I like a drop !

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 17:43:27 »
Thank you Chris. . .I'm having a similar problem with my
provider. Your efforts for the Forum here will help me out
with my picture posting situation on Go Daddy.

Break a leg at the boat show Chris,
Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com