Author Topic: Photos  (Read 6481 times)

chipchase

Photos
« on: February 08, 2014, 00:07:24 »
Hi all is there a problem with photos on the forum, on some threads some of the photos are showing and others have a black box with a cross in it, the photos can still be opened if I click the link, does anyone else have this problem
Brian

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
Re: Photos
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 09:22:26 »
I seem to be able to see them ???
MIKE

Model Tug Man

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 04:51:56 »
It seems to be intermittent and does not depend on the age of the post.
VGJQ

Sudbury II

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 21:19:33 »
Forum is all weird today!
No pics at top of page...no nothing. ???
"Suds"

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 06:40:03 »
I've not seen the photos at the start-up at the top for awhile. Just a small box with a red X and 'Tug Forum'.

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 22:59:40 »
We have to be a little patient guys. The boss is not available to sort out the problem just at the moment.
Barry

Sudbury II

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 21:53:29 »
Sorry to re-ignite this topic; but every photo I try to post brings up the error message regarding security checks.
I have re-sized down to small file sizes, but still no luck.

Am I missing something?
"Suds"

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 07:11:16 »
Yup!  I have noticed that too lately.  Some pics upload and others just won't  go.  All taken with the same camera and resized.  Weird!!

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 09:31:00 »
Looks like I have been lucky lately - not had a glitch as before.
I download my photos using ACDsee - then I e-mail them to myself before adding them to a folder for posting to here. That seemed to cure the problem. ACDsee does an auto resize when it sends it to the e-mail address I think.

FsASTSyd1

• Site Supporter
  • I love cooking with Wine, sometimes I put it in the food
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 05:13:22 »
Yes I have the failed Security as wel. Been trying to put some of my 100 plus pics from the IMBS on. Will try again later after I have threatened the computer with a big brick.l
Syd J

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 08:01:31 »
 ^-^  I have also been having trouble but if posted one at a time it worked,  strange ??? ???
Tugs are for life      George B

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 19:12:01 »
Still pretty new here, but the only real issue I had was when trying to change my avatar, it would only accept a JPEG and not a PDF. Most of the pics I have posted have been from scans so they don't show up but you have to click the link below, it works but its an extra step. JPEG, no problem. Its easier to post pics here than on some other places I play around on though. One place it says its attachment limit has been reached so cant go that route. Have to upload pics to Photobucket first, then link them to the site. That's a PITA.

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 22:14:45 »
Had troubles yesterday trying to post pix for the Fairplay model just done.  Like others I was getting a security failure blurb, of all things!  I asked Michael 2tugboats and he had me forward the offending pix to him. He couldn't find anything wrong with them, but resized them again, then had me link them to the post. That worked! But oddly after doing that, I was able to load 2 more pix in the normal way with no issues?!!?  And since they were not scans they didn't come out PDF's which makesee all happy! cool  Had to have my brainy kids sort out the scanner PDF thing for me but looks like we got it now.

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 10:59:59 »
None of it seems to make sense.

I haven't been able to post pictures in a long time ho
MIKE

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 09:12:28 »
I hate to say this but it seems to me that this forum is going to go the way of the do-do bird if it doesn't get back to where it was pretty soon. Not being able to post pics is just not cutting it. When something becomes a PITA to do, we wont do it.