Author Topic: Crew Figures  (Read 2311 times)

freightliner009

Crew Figures
« on: February 21, 2014, 12:15:13 »
I've been searching high and low for some crew figures for my Zeeland 1/24 tug and I'm at a loss, those I have found I wasn't very impressed with.

Although the tug is this scale and in 'real life' we are all different heights, any scale around this will be fine ie: 1/25 or maybe even 1/20 or the other side of 1/25. Maybe G scale? I've also looked for railway crew too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy   :(
Proud  father of a new Hobby Engine 1/35 scale Southampton tug and 1/24 scale hand crafted Zeeland tug

Calimero

• Calimero's RC shed
Re: Crew Figures
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 17:40:58 »
I got a "Peter" figure from Robbe, guy on the right with the red sweater (1/25th)

Arms and legs can be bent. The "vintage look" will more or less match my Odin which is a tug from the late 60s.

Will put him in the wheelhouse and that's it. Crew on deck would look a little too fake as it is all too "static", while a guy in the wheelhouse is more or less expected at all times.

west coast tug

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 20:01:59 »
Check out your locale hobby store for scale car figure s, That's if you have one .
Some gas station stuff will work.
Gary

Sloughmac

• Dire Straits
    • Finn Slough Heritage & Wetland Society
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 20:50:54 »
What Gary says.  I have used the Tamiya 1/24 Rally Crew (Ebay link).  They come as arms, legs and torsos so you can make them do what you want.  Notice the guy under the truck in the picture below. The kit came with extra legs so I stuck him under the truck where you can't see his upper body which does not exist.  Also the passenger who is a bit sea sick was some leftovers posed in that position.

Ulrich
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 20:57:22 by Sloughmac »

Volker

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 01:21:32 »
You can also look for Preiser figures. They are made for the model railroad market
http://www.preiserfiguren.de/showpage.php?Katalogdownload&SiteID=83

Scroll down to Miniaturfiguren und Zubehör. Maßstab 1:24 and click on the pdf symbol to open the file.
Volker

tugboyben

• Site Supporter
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 03:04:37 »
kirkleesmodelboatclub

freightliner009

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 03:07:49 »
Calimero, yep seen these ones and I think they look awful to be honest, like childrens little dollies,lol.

Ulrich, I like the ones you posted, that's a bit more like it.

Volker, the Preiser figures are so expensive compared to others.

Tugboyben, was just posting this when your reply came through, I'll check the links, thanks.
Proud  father of a new Hobby Engine 1/35 scale Southampton tug and 1/24 scale hand crafted Zeeland tug