Author Topic: ASSURANCE Class quick kit bash  (Read 3362 times)

tug-arlyn-nelson

Re: ASSURANCE Class quick kit bash
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 18:56:46 »
Beats the heck out of me how you could have done all that work in 16 days! Looks great! I will be more like 16 weeks on mine!

fastfaz

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 21:12:53 »
  Hi George,
        Another really nice boat! how on earth do you complete them so quickly? is it 24 hour shifts. It would of taken me months not days especially waiting for the paint to dry properly, I'm having to wait two to three days per coat on the Sun. Keep up the fantastic work.
     Cheers,
          Peter. :)
The photo is my Lowgarth Mountfleet models but my own design and build (the kit quality and fit was very poor) I scatch built the superstructure from photos of the Foylegarth and scaled it off the figures. Sails superbly.

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2015, 23:57:10 »
Hi peter and tug, I have been building model tugs since I was 13 or 14 years old,and now I am in my 70s still have not got bored with it,I worked on tugs most of my life,took boating holidays and made model boats as a hobby. a true anorak, I think the answer to building fairly quickly is to think ahead and whilst paint is drying on one bit keep building fittings or other bits at the same time,I am also lucky enough to have a building room in the house. Nice and warm all the time,most days between walking,shopping and swimming I get between 4 to5 hours work in, can't watch TV I just fall asleep,all the best. geo

Oh one more thing to add   A VERY UNDERSTANDING WIFE.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:44:03 by model tugman »
Tugs are for life      George B

tugnut

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 13:01:57 »
YOU SURE YOU DON,T MEAN SPANNER RACK, LOL.
To much time on your hands Bro.
john b

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 23:44:43 »
Ha ha don't jest little bro,you are not that far from retirement now,LOL. Geo
Tugs are for life      George B