Author Topic: Canning Dock Liverpool 1880  (Read 1580 times)

FredY

Canning Dock Liverpool 1880
« on: April 03, 2014, 14:13:21 »
My painting of a barque which I believe was built by one of my ancestors at PEI. The tug is one of Jolliffes  and may not be too accurate as I have no photo to refer to.
Fred

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
Re: Canning Dock Liverpool 1880
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 19:40:19 »
Beautiful Fred. I checked it out and went into it for a bit. . .very cool.
Thank you for sharing,
Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

FredY

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 14:01:21 »
Thanks Michael, It took a lot of interesting research to get it right.
Fred.

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 08:06:00 »
I see the "moment in time" spirit of your research for your "Canning Dock Liverpool 1880".
I'll call you a history artist. The total product of your picture is that the viewer can indeed
stand there in Liverpool in 1880. Beautiful.

I have been creating marine "metal sculpture" art work for over 50 years. Like yourself,
ships are number one. I designed and built wall sculptures for banks and corporation offices.

Here is one of my first attempts to build a Dutch Merchant using sheet steel. It was the
only one I made as a "solid". Lots of work. . .

Again, thank you for the inspiration Fred,
Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

FredY

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 13:31:07 »
Wonderful piece of work Michael, I admire your skill and talent. Your description of history artist is about right, I mostly paint stuff I have been involved in or have knowledge of, I also tend only to model boats I have sailed on so I can get them right.
Cheers.......Fred