Author Topic: speed controller  (Read 2079 times)

stephen

speed controller
« on: April 12, 2014, 10:34:15 »
Hi all, just a quick question for you all. I am building lady T MMM, can anyone advise me on some thing that is bugging me, can I use two speed controllers such as mtorniks vipers 15, side by side and will I be limited to just tank steering?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 10:50:56 by stephen »

grace

Re: speed controller
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 14:18:03 »
brushless motors you will need two esc's....

brushed motors , you can run one esc and combine the motor wires...(aslong as the esc can handle the amps from 2 x motors)
you can use a pair of esc's with a y lead but if they have becs you will have to cut the small red wire going to one of the esc's...depending on prop direction for the pair of props will dictate how you wire the motor wires to get the right direction for each prop...

FLJ

• Site Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 03:11:57 »

Calimero

• Calimero's RC shed
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 06:04:45 »
It also depends on how many channels you have on your TX/RX. With programmable TX you can combine "tank steering" with rudder through mixing.

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 19:27:25 »
Thank you all here for the excellent information. I checked out the link to "Action Models"
FLJ, the beautiful and clear pictures there are worth a thousand words.

And Welcome Aboard to you new members at the Forum here,
Michael in Anacortes, Washington.
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com