Author Topic: removing data/memory from a Futaba FC 18 radio  (Read 1543 times)

poll

removing data/memory from a Futaba FC 18 radio
« on: May 25, 2014, 11:49:17 »

Hi Guy's
 Please can you help I would like to remove some data /memory from my FC 18 radio, I have a number of boats in the
 memory that I no longer have.

Thanks

John

des

Re: removing data/memory from a Futaba FC 18 radio
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 15:49:11 »
Hi guys - I have a similar issue with my Spektrum Dx6i.  I purchased this 2nd-hand from a model plane flyer, so it has several aircraft models loaded in memory that I haven't been able to erase.  All help will be appreciated.

Des.

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 16:43:47 »
Well John and Des, most of us here are desperate to maintain some semblance of mind and I haven't thought of wanting to loose my memory. However, now that you mention it, there are some tugboat building mistakes that I have on my mind that could well be "removed".

I'm all ears for hearing the replies to your questions. Many here are well equipped to handle the ol'delete button. . .just-where is it?

Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

Calimero

• Calimero's RC shed
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 01:18:48 »
Hi guys - I have a similar issue with my Spektrum Dx6i.  I purchased this 2nd-hand from a model plane flyer, so it has several aircraft models loaded in memory that I haven't been able to erase.  All help will be appreciated.

The DX6i, like the 7 and 8 ... has fixed memory slots. You can't "erase" a model, you can only reset the slot (which then defaults to an airplane).

What you can do is actually move your models to the first slots using the "COPY/RESET" function. You'd have to think a bit ahead if you have a lot of models to "move around", but it can be done quite easily I'd say.