Author Topic: Now After Towing Hook  (Read 1667 times)

freightliner009

Now After Towing Hook
« on: June 10, 2014, 06:56:38 »
Guys,

Why are parts for boats so hard to come by in this day and age? I am now trying to find a Robbe R1434 working towing hook. Cornwall Model Boats have been out of stock for months, can't seem to see it anywhere else. I'm itching to get this project done and it is always set backs and hold up on spares and parts that takes the time.

Andy
Proud  father of a new Hobby Engine 1/35 scale Southampton tug and 1/24 scale hand crafted Zeeland tug

Calimero

• Calimero's RC shed
Re: Now After Towing Hook
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 07:45:33 »
1/ Just like most Robbe boat fittings this part is discontinued (listed in their Product Archive). Shops are now selling leftover inventory.

2/ This hook is quite huge. I have this very hook on my Odin (1.15m / 45" long) and even on a big model like her this hook looks quite big. But it looks close to the real deal.

It also requires that you install the support "wall" to the back of your superstructure.

There's a small piece of string you can connect to a servo to remotely release the tow line.

On a smaller model I'd go with a smaller hook like maybe Robbe 1558 still available at Cornwall Models. Looks like it could also be released remotely.

3/ If you'd like to stick with the bigger hook there's one listed on Ebay: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Robbe-1-25-scale-Towing-Gear-1380-/261411667638

PHILNZ

• Nelson sunshine capital of NEW ZEALAND
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 01:13:25 »
http://www.floataboat.com.au/Ship_Fittings_Cat.pdf

This site maybe of help?? it is in Australia thou.

freightliner009

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:12:53 »
Cheers PhilNZ,

They have some nice stuff there!

Andy
Proud  father of a new Hobby Engine 1/35 scale Southampton tug and 1/24 scale hand crafted Zeeland tug