Author Topic: Tug Crew  (Read 5453 times)

freightliner009

Tug Crew
« on: June 27, 2014, 02:27:39 »
My word,apart from the scarcity of these figures in 1/24 - 1/25 scale those that I did find were so damned expensive! Ok, so they were Preiser figures, ready painted and all that, coming in at 1/22 scale, but just over 11 each before postage!
Up 'til now I haven't been at all impressed with what's out there figure wise and most were out of stock again...now there's a surprise and the figures with 'real cloth' clothing look just ridiculous to me.
Anyway, I didn't want anything too modern, no hard hats or anything, so I plumped for two sets of two of the American railroad figures in denims with their denim cloth caps and steel toe-capped black boots, one even leaning against a wall smoking a fag,lol.
Again, did not get notified until after I placed the order,on the confirmation e-mail, a statement again saying 'due to the large range of Preiser items available it is impossible for us to stock them all but we will endeavour to get your order to you as soon as possible'! A tad crafty that but hey it'll be interesting to see how long this piece of string is.....answers on a postcard to....... :)

Andy
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 02:38:34 by freightliner009 »
Proud  father of a new Hobby Engine 1/35 scale Southampton tug and 1/24 scale hand crafted Zeeland tug

Volker

Re: Tug Crew
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 00:20:23 »
Hi Andy,

Preiser has figures in 1:24 too. Here is their website with all catalogues: http://www.figuren.de/showpage.php?Katalogdownload&SiteID=83

You can download the complete catalogue or those for single scales.

If Preiser has the figures in stock it should be quite fast. If not it will get unpredictable. The unpainted figures are produced here in Germany and then sent to Mauritius for painting. Afterwards they come back to Preiser. Production and painting is in batches and not immedediately if something is out of stock.

Here is model railroad shop in Germany where you can buy online and which shows what is not in stock (backordered): http://www.preiser-figuren.de/Preiser-Figuren-1:22,5-LGB,cat-477

Regards, Volker

freightliner009

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 08:15:38 »
Hi Volker,

Thanks for the heads up, no wonder they cost so much being sent abroad for painting and then receiving them back only to distribute worldwide. I decided, as in real life, we are all different heights, so I thought 1/22 or a bit either side of that scale should be acceptable. Thanks for the links, I'm just off to have a look now.

Andy
Proud  father of a new Hobby Engine 1/35 scale Southampton tug and 1/24 scale hand crafted Zeeland tug

Volker

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 23:55:59 »
Hi Andy,

you are right 1:22,5 is close enough.
1:22,5 is a model railroad scale and 1:24 a truck scale and so the Preiser figures are railroad or truck oriented in the different scales.
Regards, Volker

tugboyben

• Site Supporter
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 00:29:12 »
Morning
Iv just sent for 4 of the Preiser figures for my 1/24 scale  Al-khubar i will post picture's of them when i receive them
These are the one's

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161272966292?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161298524849?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Jason
kirkleesmodelboatclub

freightliner009

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 11:02:44 »
Hi Jason,

Spooky that mate,they were the 2 setd I was going to get until I decided they looked too modern for my tug so I went for the railroaders. Looking at your link I think one may be out of stock so I've emailed asking them to let me know and I'll choose something else.

freightliner009

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 10:47:47 »
Just gets better  angry  I placed an order for 2 setd of figures from your link Jason a few days ago, got a message back 3 days later saying they were out of stock of both sets even though the site was showing as having one set in stock. A guy called Jeremy was going to send me a list of what was available but I never got any list, so I chased him up and he sent an immediate refund saying that he was so busy he didn't have the time to source them for me! What a great way to operate a business!

tugboyben

• Site Supporter
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 11:21:50 »
Sorry to hear that freightliner
Iv been told mine have been sent iv not received them so  finger's crossed the post man bring's them :)

Ill post picture's when they come

Jason
kirkleesmodelboatclub

freightliner009

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 11:44:03 »
Be nice to see them and hear what you think about them. I found the ones I want on the German EBay, actually worked out about a fiver cheaper too.

tugboyben

• Site Supporter
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 05:51:26 »
Hi freight
Received figure's this morning well they are fantastic i am really happy with them  :) :) :)
Few picture's

Jason
kirkleesmodelboatclub

tugboyben

• Site Supporter
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 05:52:21 »
 :) :) :) :) :)
kirkleesmodelboatclub

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 06:27:47 »
Hmmm-----No life jackets!!   lol

freightliner009

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 06:30:29 »
Hey Tug,

They look absolutely fab mate, I know I said they were expensive but I guess you certainly got what you paid for, nice one! I ordered mine last night, some hobby shop in Germany had the two sets I wanted, hope they come soon, yours arrived very quickly.

freightliner009

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 06:34:52 »
Olscuzbut,

Did the tug crews from the 60's wear life jackets?

make it six am 2moro

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 10:22:33 »
Olscuzbut,

Did the tug crews from the 60's wear life jackets?

No, I worked on SUN TUGS during the early 60's and we never wore life jackets.

Regards
Ray
let go forward