Author Topic: Sun XX1 build by Fastfaz  (Read 17882 times)

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
Re: Sun XX1 build by Fastfaz
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 04:00:34 »
 ^-^  Peter scans of the builders drawings of the bridge deck,flying bridge and a side view as well I hope they help ,  on the flying bridge the compass was mounted on top of the steering pedestal,  Geo
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 04:03:00 by model tugman »
Tugs are for life      George B

fastfaz

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 04:17:44 »
Hi George,
    Thank you so much for the "proper" drawings very helpful, means I can now get it something like it should be. I'll keep you posted.
        Cheers,
               Peter. :)
The photo is my Lowgarth Mountfleet models but my own design and build (the kit quality and fit was very poor) I scatch built the superstructure from photos of the Foylegarth and scaled it off the figures. Sails superbly.

fastfaz

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 07:25:25 »
   Hi all,
        Progress has slowed down quite a bit due to the cold weather, I have insulated my shed so its a little bit better. I made some seats and a console for the wheelhouse and a desk for the chart room and added a telegraph next to the wheel. The masts are now complete and ready for painting, I just have to figure out where to route the wiring so its not on show.
        Merry Christmas to you all and all the vey best for 2015.
         Cheers,
              Peter. ;)
P.S. Site won't let me attach the latest pics, sorry.
The photo is my Lowgarth Mountfleet models but my own design and build (the kit quality and fit was very poor) I scatch built the superstructure from photos of the Foylegarth and scaled it off the figures. Sails superbly.

fastfaz

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 07:33:35 »
Hi all,
    I tried to contact the Administrator but the Emails keep coming back as not sent receivers mailbox full so I'll keep trying to post the photos.
        Cheers,
              Peter.  :)

P.S. Still can't post the pic's.

fastfaz

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 04:51:29 »
 ^-^
     Still trying with pic's as I can't seem to Email admin!
          Cheers,
               Peter.

fastfaz

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2014, 04:57:38 »
 :)
   Hi all,
         Bingo success! here's another photo. No work today as the weather is horrendous, big waves on Marine Lake Southport.
           Cheers,
                Peter.

fastfaz

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 05:00:16 »
 ^-^
     I'm a bit confused here as the site is letting me post one photo at a time but not three as normal! Her goes with two.
        Cheers,
             Peter.

fastfaz

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 05:03:43 »
  Hi all,
       Well that worked okay no more photos now until the flying bridge is complete, work ongoing.
         Cheers,
               Peter.

fastfaz

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 10:02:06 »
Hi All,
    I had some problems with the site yesterday but everything seems fine now so will keep making the progress reports.
      Cheers,
           Peter.

fastfaz

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2015, 06:16:01 »
  Hi all,
       Tried to post more build pics today but again no joy! getting fed up now.
               Regards,
                   Faz. :-\

fastfaz

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2015, 10:28:06 »
  Had enough now yet another week plus and no pics! sorry everyone who has to sort it but enough is enough. 20/20 hindsight I should not have become a site supporter but hey you live and learn,
   Very sad,
       Peter.

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2015, 15:37:00 »
These are pictures of Peter's Sun XX1. He has been working away on it for quite
a while is his cold shed. Come to think of it, we all would love to see the sun and
feel the warmth around this neck of the earth.

I posted these for Peter. I'll let him explain and all,
Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

fastfaz

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2015, 03:47:31 »
  Hi all,
       Thanks to Michael the latest pics of the build are now posted your help is much appreciated I just can't seem to post any pics and all the ones already posted cannot be looked at. Maybe its the Atlantic at fault! ah well back to Jurassic Park to feed the other Dinosaurs.
     Cheers,
          Peter.

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2015, 06:55:06 »
Aha Peter do I spy a crafty Kort nozzle hiding in there?  He  He    geo

I still cant get any pictures to post its a blooming pain.
Tugs are for life      George B

fastfaz

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2015, 21:10:48 »
  Hi George,
       You are right that is a Kort nozzle but there is a saga to it. It came as part of the Lowgarth kit but was such poor quality and finish, it was oval, that after re fibreglassing and filling it three times I gave up and ordered a new on from Mountfleet the kit supplier (no offers of a free replacement by the way 20.00 + postage). If you compare it to the Kort nozzle from my Norton cross its like comparing a Tatra with a Rolls Royce. Well spotted.
     Kind regards,
           Peter. :)