Author Topic: Sun XX1 build by Fastfaz  (Read 18481 times)

des

Re: Sun XX1 build by Fastfaz
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2015, 21:23:48 »
It's slightly amusing to read about you Europeans and North Americans working in freezing cold, or just cold, conditions.  I have recently installed an air conditioner in my shed so I can keep working on my model when the temperature is over 40degC (about 104F).

Des.

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2015, 22:31:13 »
Global warming don't ya know???  On the west coast of the states its fairly balmy actually this year. Temps in 50's this week. We had a cold spell a few weeks ago and had sub freezing temps for about a week or so, but for the most part its been a mild winter. No snow at all.

fastfaz

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2015, 11:32:26 »
  Hi Des,
      You are welcome to the heat we lived in Spain for 5 years and used to come back to UK from mid July to  early September could not do much in the heat over there. At least here in UK we have about 5/6 more to go then its more or less back to normal.
      Cheers,
              Peter. :)
The photo is my Lowgarth Mountfleet models but my own design and build (the kit quality and fit was very poor) I scatch built the superstructure from photos of the Foylegarth and scaled it off the figures. Sails superbly.

fastfaz

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 06:19:48 »
  Greetings I have just tried to update the build with more photos but its coming back with an error has occurred please contact the administrator and then a blank white page with the page has expired. Weird! I'll try again later.
      Cheers,
           Peter. :(
The photo is my Lowgarth Mountfleet models but my own design and build (the kit quality and fit was very poor) I scatch built the superstructure from photos of the Foylegarth and scaled it off the figures. Sails superbly.

fastfaz

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 11:14:16 »
Guess what? another error has occurred.
  Sorry guys maybe it needs more time.
       Regards,
              Peter. :-\

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2015, 12:36:28 »
It seems to be hit or miss. I have loaded several pics today, but I also note the loss of pics on the Westcoast tugs thread, mostly the ones I posted. Go figure.

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2015, 14:21:05 »
Hi Peter I had the same problem this morning,eventually I got to post a single picture,then two and finally all was normal,  wired eh?  Geo
Tugs are for life      George B

fastfaz

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2015, 06:34:44 »
I have altered the setting on my camera so lets see if this works!
    Cheers,
       Peter.

fastfaz

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2015, 06:50:58 »
Bingo that worked one photo only! The picture is of the superstructure flying bridge after re making the Navigation lights. The tale- I made the surround for the flying bridge then marked out "exactly" to the plans the apertures where the lights fit into the bridge, duly cut them out (not easy its all curved) made and fitted the internal boxes which also slope upwards towards the bow. Some time later I soldered up the LED's and resistors fitting the Navigation lights into their respective boxes threaded the wires through connected a battery and everything worked Hooray!. As I was taking a photo for the build log I did a double take realising that you could not see the lights from the front/bow direction. First thoughts you've cocked up, wrong the measurements were spot on with the plans. This meant that I had to try and make the openings bigger then make or reline the internal boxes, I managed it but as I am sure you can imagine I was not pleased. The photo shows the inside view. I will adjust my camera to a lower setting and see how that works. (won't let me post pics of the funnel)
     Cheers.

fastfaz

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2015, 06:17:51 »
Okay camera setting changed lets see if this works! Frontal view with Nav lights you can now see and the first stage of the stanchion rails, fingers crossed.
        Peter.

fastfaz

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2015, 06:43:37 »
  Lets try some more photos of the stanchions and funnel. one at a time.

fastfaz

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2015, 06:45:30 »
lets try two.

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2015, 08:19:18 »
That is looking great, nice progress! 

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2015, 09:29:43 »
Well done Peter she is looking really good
Tugs are for life      George B

gregk9

• My R-C Model Boat Site
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2015, 09:25:15 »
I did have my tug "broadsided" by a fast electric over 12 months ago now and wished id of given the insides of the hull an extra coat of glass and resin, so had to do it "after the fact" and was a bit of a struggle to get it all in but managed it, fortunately the hold was only just on the waterline so didn't sink before reaching shore. was patched up and back on the water in about 4 weeks. I now steer well clear of faster boats, let them hit the pool sides instead of my tug [ha ha].
Best Wishes.

Gregg.
[All messages sent using recycled electrons]