Author Topic: Sun XX1 build by Fastfaz  (Read 17911 times)

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
Re: Sun XX1 build by Fastfaz
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2015, 13:39:05 »
Thank you for sharing Peter. Your tug is quite handsome in spite of the painting gymnastics we
all go through. I know we all have days where, like you said, we should have retired to the warmth
of the lounge. Good recovery on your part. I still remember my model boat, in my much younger
days, stomped and thrown into the fireplace. Now days, like yourself, I just bite the bullet and get
to fixing what I screwed up on. . .just another day in Tugboat Paradise".

Looking good Peter,
Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2015, 14:50:39 »
That is a lot of progress and its looking really nice!  Afraid I don't have the patience or the wherewithal to tackle more electrics beyond what it takes to run the boat.  I was reading your disaster files and going "oh no!!!", all the way thru.  Looks like you have it under control now. Oy!!

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2015, 08:40:44 »
Well done Peter, the bow fairing looks just right and the hull in black is superb matey, she is coming along nicely now.  Geo
Tugs are for life      George B

adam_goodin

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2015, 17:00:01 »
Looking great. Nice boat, great build.
Cheers

-Adam-

fastfaz

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2015, 09:26:57 »
  Hi all,
      Managed to get some more done and ballast the boat in my purpose made test tank, here she is.
The photo is my Lowgarth Mountfleet models but my own design and build (the kit quality and fit was very poor) I scatch built the superstructure from photos of the Foylegarth and scaled it off the figures. Sails superbly.

fastfaz

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2015, 09:31:07 »
  Later on, being such a nice day I decided to try her out at the pond to see if all was well. Here are some photos of the Maiden voyage (a bit difficult steering and taking photos at the same time so sorry about the light).
The photo is my Lowgarth Mountfleet models but my own design and build (the kit quality and fit was very poor) I scatch built the superstructure from photos of the Foylegarth and scaled it off the figures. Sails superbly.

fastfaz

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2015, 09:38:33 »
I had a few issues re steering and ballast so they need to be tweaked and the extra lead located out of site (if you look closely you can see the extra ballast behind the Gogeye on deck) but all sorted now I think and the final bits and pieces in place. Only the Tow ropes, barrels etc to fix on. Thanks for all your help and advice George much appreciated.
      Cheers,
          Peter.

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2015, 13:23:51 »
Its looking good!  We need more pics and maybe some video.