Author Topic: Rebuild of the Arca, workboat for the dutch Deltaworks.  (Read 1279 times)

DreBo

• Scheepsmodelbouw
Rebuild of the Arca, workboat for the dutch Deltaworks.
« on: December 18, 2014, 15:01:48 »
In 1994 I made this model of the Arca, a anchor handling vessel / workboat for the dutch deltaworks: A moveable dam to protect the dutch coast from floods.

After twenty years it's time to update the vessel to modern standards. So a rebuild of the wheelhouse and the crane is now ongoing.

Part of the rebuild is a new crane, a jet bow thruster and the wheelhouse will be completly refurbished with a mast that is moveable, windscreenwipers that work and a dashboard with switches that light up when a light is switched on.

For more info about this model just take a look at my website www.drebomodelbouw.nl (also in english ).

Greetings,
Drebo

fastfaz

Re: Rebuild of the Arca, workboat for the dutch Deltaworks.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 20:22:11 »
Hi,
     Nice metalwork on the stairs I wish I could do that! I'm fine with timber but learning with solder etc. Keep it going.
       Cheers,
            Peter.
The photo is my Lowgarth Mountfleet models but my own design and build (the kit quality and fit was very poor) I scatch built the superstructure from photos of the Foylegarth and scaled it off the figures. Sails superbly.