Author Topic: If you were planning a once in a lifetime "RC TUG" visit...???  (Read 1676 times)

rctugman

Hello Fellow Members

Have just posted in the Newbie forum and thought I would copy one of my opening requests over on the "Model Boat Mayhem" Forum

I live in Norway,am not able to get out much and have not visited the UK or anywhere else for some years,I fancy trying (at least) to visit the UK or Elsewhere and at least say I have visited the Best RC TUG STORE/Open day?? and just possibly, but an outside bet a top RC TUG SHOW?? Now I just must add at this point, that my priority as to be buying and having built the TUG I so desire,but that said if some cash arrives which I hope it may?? I could just squeeze in a visit,who knows.??

So your suggestions can be put with the several good suggestions received from MBM mobilemarinemodels & Dean Marine seem to be very popular with folk...

many thanks in advance

Best wishes Steve
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:44:35 by rctugman »

ray28507

• Admiral Poster
  • SHUSWAP :2017
Re: If you were planning a once in a lifetime "RC TUG" visit...???
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 23:18:18 »
hi rc tugman there is a show in the uk  we all call warwick  its held in november every year  i think its the  6th 7th & 8th this year its a 3 day show  its all model boats inc tugboats & its indoors so the weather dont affect it!   regards ray
B.C tugs >>  ken mackenzie~07   nellie irene~07    freewinds ~04       sidewinder'in b.c~11'   iron horse~12  malley b~16  western mariner ~14  shuswap ~17
  u.s.a tugs> >  nanuq~11

rctugman

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 01:19:39 »
Good Day Ken
Great to hear from you, much appreciated.
Yes I was kindly given the Warwick show,thing is I really am not sure I could make it there? their is an outside chance,but I will keep trying and keep fingers crossed?

at the end of the day I will either be able to make the trip and visit one of the top shops maybe on an Open Day? or if iīm very lucky the Warwick show

many thanks Steve

adam_goodin

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 08:24:02 »
Hi Steve,

As far as shows are concerned, I would recommend Ellesmere Port as an example. They have a great dock system, plenty of tugs and tug towing throughout the weekend.

Of course, that's just one event of many other tugs/tug towing events.

All the best.
Cheers

-Adam-

rctugman

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 10:32:35 »
Good Evening Adam,

I really wish to thank you for getting in touch and letting me know about The Ellesmere port show.

Do you know something if it was at all possible I wouold really love to visit some of these fine shows!

My regret is,that I did not get invloved in RC Tugs years ago!But I know we canīt really look back ,it does no good.

I have being so very impressed by the RC tug community and the incredibble Model Tugs I have already seen.

I really am unsure if I will be able to make the trip to the UK,but I still hold out a remote possibilty.
I suppose in someways I wouold dearly love to visit at least one Big Shop or Open day?

all the best Steve