Author Topic: Website Update 29/01/15  (Read 5569 times)

tug-arlyn-nelson

Re: Website Update 29/01/15
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2015, 23:12:11 »
How are you doing it Michael?  I was using the attachment function, that usually works.

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2015, 08:27:43 »
Good Morning Scott,

Well, I use the "Insert Image" button, second button from the bottom left. I can't make out
the image on the button but it looks like a pair of binoculars to me. Next to the "YouTube"
button.

I'm writing this post of "how I do it" in a way that I wish I could have read when I first came
to the Forum here, so don't think I'm being cute, I really want to be of help.

Ok, first I find the picture I want to post and it has to be "on-line". Took me a few tries to
figure that out. I created a page on my website where I just park pictures that I want to
post here. If I'm copying a picture from someone's site, I click my "right mouse" button
and select the "Copy image URL" option.

Ok, then I click on the Insert Image button, paste the copied image URL in the center of
the Insert Image HTML and then I click on the "Preview" button, lower right here, to see
if indeed I have posted  my image of choice.

Now. . .I have never, in the 50 or so pictures I have posted, gotten the "Security Risk"
message. Someone here will have to explain that situation.

The only gray hair I have is from trying to learn how to use the Internet. I can build tugboats
all day long but the Internet can be quite cruel.

Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2015, 09:51:46 »
OK, I know what you are saying and have done this before on other sites, its more of a PITA than just going to the attachment option below the text box which has been working fine for me until yesterday! All the other pics I have posted recently have been thru that means. I tried again today and no joy.

Thanks

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2015, 12:31:06 »
OK, just tried to load a single as in one, 1 picture that is sized the same as always and it failed multiple times!  Honestly..

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2015, 14:15:20 »
Hmmm. . .I see that the "Emotions" above are not looking right so something is amiss. I'll give posting
a picture a try-

Sorry Scott. . .again, working fine on this end. Perhaps there is something haywire at the URL
where your picture is living?

Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2015, 14:22:13 »
Just tried again Michael, no go. Getting the security check BS like before. It aint on this end.  Add a sized attachment, try to post, NADA.

Lets face it , the site hasn't worked properly, or at least as it once did for months. Emoticons are always out, pictures are missing from all manner of threads, cant post pix, etc.

des

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2015, 15:27:00 »
A couple of weeks ago I had problems uploading one particular photo, no matter what I did.  I ended up opening the photo in Paint, and cropped the edges a bit (just to make some sort of change, otherwise Windows will only Save the file the same as it was).  I was then able to upload the modified file with no problem.

Personally I don't miss the emoticons, but I've had a couple of photos go missing that I've subsequently uploaded again.  I don't know if any other photos are missing in other threads.

Is it my imagination, or has the traffic on the site slowed down?  There don't appear to be the number of posts appearing as, say, a year ago.

Des

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2015, 19:21:32 »
I think you are right, there is lots less going on here, I think in part due to the issues here.  I don't care about the emoticons either but I was looking around at some threads the other day and lots of pics were gone, including mine. As far posting pix goes, it should be as easy as adding the attachment per the option below this box. I have done it many times but right now its hit or miss, might work, might not. If something is a PITA to do, people stop doing it.  I had hoped that all would be good by now, but it isn't.

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2015, 19:26:44 »
So after whining I went over to my Assurance tug thread and posted two pics!!!  Go figure.  Go check them out, stills taken from the new vid I posted yesterday.