Author Topic: Problems with posting Photos on my Sun XX1 build post  (Read 5359 times)

fastfaz

Problems with posting Photos on my Sun XX1 build post
« on: January 31, 2015, 10:35:55 »
I have tried 5/6 times now to post photos but no joy! Help please.
       Regards,
           Peter.
The photo is my Lowgarth Mountfleet models but my own design and build (the kit quality and fit was very poor) I scatch built the superstructure from photos of the Foylegarth and scaled it off the figures. Sails superbly.

tug-arlyn-nelson

Re: Problems with posting Photos on my Sun XX1 build post
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 10:54:07 »
Still working out the bugs I guess. I posted several pics yesterday with no problems on my build thread. But I notice pix I posted before the big fail are gone and the little paperclips wont open either, just gone.  Are you getting an error message?

fastfaz

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 11:06:56 »
Hi Tug Arlyn Nelson,
    Yes that comes up each time. Me being a computer Dinosaur does not help but hey I can cut and plane Timber by hand "no machinery". Let see what happens.
      Regards,
             Faz.
The photo is my Lowgarth Mountfleet models but my own design and build (the kit quality and fit was very poor) I scatch built the superstructure from photos of the Foylegarth and scaled it off the figures. Sails superbly.

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 14:18:57 »
I will bring this thread to the attention of TugmSter and see what he can do.....
Barry

EAGLE

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 04:56:39 »
Hi Barry,
       I had the same trouble, but it's seemed to have righted it's self, but l think it was more luck than judgement.
     Regards   Dave.

fastfaz

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 04:58:35 »
  Thanks Barry for your help, its very, very cold in Southport today with a significant chill factor. Really its just like Malaga (not).
      Cheers,
          Faz.

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 06:33:50 »
Ah well no wonder you are having posting problems......You need to keep your computers warm and give them plenty of sunshine. That is what I do and all is well here!! :)
Barry

fastfaz

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 09:57:00 »
   Lets try this post site! Did not work no photos just a window start a new topic, very very close to giving up and not wasting any more of my time!.
       Faz.

fastfaz

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 09:58:42 »
  Very strange! I can post without photos but try photos and no joy!
      Getting fed up,
             Faz.

des

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 14:26:03 »
Hi Fastfaz

Posting of photos is one of the issues that the TugMaster has been working on, and seems to have fixed for most of us.  If you are still having issues you can email him with the details to get it fixed.  But before doing so, check a couple of things yourself first -

Try inserting the photo file directly into your post from your computer - don't make things more complicated than they need to be by using PhotoBucket or similar on-line services.

If you get a security warning, you may need to re-size your photo.  Copy the photo file into Paint (or similar) and SaveAs with a smaller file size.  I have found that this usually works for me.

Finally, for future photo posts, you may find it easier to set your camera resolution to a lower setting.

Des.

FsASTSyd1

• Site Supporter
  • I love cooking with Wine, sometimes I put it in the food
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 00:02:06 »
Hi all, I have been having the same problems since November, inspite of useing the same settings/process as I have used in previous years, for the INBS pics. However, as the number to post is 100+, what I would like is a method of posting a single line entry for you all to view, or do what you will, with the photographs, any suggestions welcome.

PS only a strange symbol instead of the smilies on this reply page.
Syd J

fastfaz

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 05:16:00 »
  Hi Des,
      Thanks for your post, I always load the photos from my camera's sd card onto my pc and then when browsing attach them as required. Prior to the loss of the forum site I never had any problems which you can see on my build log of the Sun XX!. I'll keep trying.
      Cheers,
           Peter. :)

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 06:47:58 »
Hi Peter just as a matter of interest are you cutting the size of your picture files down at all before you try to post?
I Have found that 1360x1020 gives about 100kb and they work ok    Geo
Tugs are for life      George B

fastfaz

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 03:23:15 »
Hi George,
    Living in Jurassic Park with the other PC Dinosaurs I wouldn't have a clue about photo sizes or how to alter them I don't know what size either of my cameras take the pictures at. I just take a photo then download (big word for me) them from the SD card onto the computer then try to add them to my posts. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be working now.
     Regards,
           Peter. :(

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 03:45:34 »
Hi Peter, I have downloaded a free image re sizer, called     Image re sizer powertoy for windows, it is quite easy to use and can re size the pictures to a smaller format for posting,
all the best   Geo
Tugs are for life      George B