Author Topic: Temporary Harbour/Jetty or similar:Suggestions appreciated!  (Read 942 times)

rctugman

Good Evening Everyone

It as been some time since I was last on the Forum,But I have never for a moment stopped thinking about my New adventure in Model-Tugs!

Besides needing to buy my Tug, I have had to give consideration to lesser, but equally important aspects of this project? One is the possibility of a Temporary Harbour or Jetty or something similar.

I will briefly explain,Whilst we are very lucky in having 3 lakes,with resident beaver family...getting to it is slightly problematic? I have to go across lawn,down a slippy greasy incline and bumpy then 30 mtrs then my brother in law will build a small bridge over a field-drain then 40 mtrs across field to lake-side.

The Main lake is variable in water height due to Rainfall, snow melt higher up e.t.c.I would have loved to have a semi permanent Harbour capable of taking up to 1mtre long tug (as planned)?But as it is it would be nice to have something I could simply lower in the water and anchor someway in the sandy soil shallows,each time I take the boat out...

I suppose it could be a simple jetty with prototypical hoarser bollard to tie up.

I think I have solved,Partially the problem of getting said TUG to lake? a very useful pipe trolley with double V metal arms which if covered with rubber pipe or similar will hold the Tug securely with help of Bungees or similar.

So any help very much appreciated

best wishes Steve

tugnut

• Admiral Poster
Re: Temporary Harbour/Jetty or similar:Suggestions appreciated!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 11:29:41 »
Hi Steve,go to Balne moor boat club site they have got it all there.

regards John
john b

rctugman

Re: Temporary Harbour/Jetty or similar:Suggestions appreciated!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 11:31:26 »
Hello John
Many thanks indeed for your very prompt reply, much appreciated I will indeed go to the site you suggest

all the best Steve