Author Topic: Storm Force-West coast tug.  (Read 6612 times)

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
Re: Storm Force-West coast tug.
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2016, 14:08:42 »
Finally got sea trials in last Sunday at the boat pond in Victoria BC  Hope to get more tomorrow at the same pond.

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2016, 14:12:45 »
Woops.  Sorry about that.  Didn't post it that way. How to rotate it upright?

Norm

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2016, 18:42:41 »
Looks good on the water, well except for the sideways part, LOL.

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 21:44:52 »
Will try for better pics tomorrow.

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2016, 15:44:11 »
Another beautiful day at the pond here in Victoria BC.  Having a bit of a problem with the Dynamite ESC's I purchased as one cuts out now and then. Resets when I go back to neutral.  Going to the local hobby shop tomorrow and pick up a couple Mtroniks units as they are very dependable. 

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 13:24:14 »
Looks good there - wish I had read the post earlier - might have slipped down and had a look at this.

Was in hobby shop last week - bought the last 15 amp speed control they had there until another order comes in. Almost had to bid on it as there was another fellow with it in his hand when I saw it!

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 16:32:13 »
They must have got more in Mike, because I was in there this morning and there were three rows of them hanging on the rack.  15's 30's and 40's  I bought 2 30's  Don't know if I will get them installed for next Sunday as I didn't bring too many tools for re connectorizing.  I'm told that there is a running marathon on  Sunday and may not get near the pond. 

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2016, 14:31:29 »
Hi Norm

That's the TC 10k run I think - big numbers and they use the parking area as a water stop, etc. Parking up the side streets can be a problem and a bit of a hike. Did the fellows mention the Langford Lake Wednesday mornings? Might be worth going out now the weather is great. I'd like to see the log barge and new tug - Mike

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2016, 06:30:14 »
Hi Mike,  didn't get to Langford due to other commitments.  See the city has flushed out the pond. Too bad won't be able to get to it on Sunday and will be heading back to Kamloops Monday.  Would like to have tried log dumping.  Didn't want to try into the scummy water last week, as I am sure the logs would have taken on a permanent odor. lol  Anyways, sorry we didn't get a meet, but will be back in the fall.

Norm

NickelBelter

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2016, 14:07:17 »
Woops.  Sorry about that.  Didn't post it that way. How to rotate it upright?

Norm

It rotates on its own when you click to view full-size.  Something to do with the EXIF data in pictures not being read in the thumbnail (IE, the data that tells the computer how to orient the picture and what size to make it). 

If you want it to display properly all the time, just open it in an image viewing program, hit 'Save As' and retitle it.  You can also crop it there so we see more boat and less pond.

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2016, 16:28:30 »
A photo tutorial would be helpful but I think most of us don't read manuals particularly well - tried to do that with ACDsee that I use and always seem to retain the original image - perhaps the Save As will do it. Thanks for the tip.

tbone

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 10:18:23 »
Looks good.

Tim B..

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2016, 07:01:35 »
Looks good.

Looks Very good ....

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2016, 07:49:24 »
Thanks all.  Got the Mtroniks ESC's in and working well on the bench, but still have not had any sea trials with them in.  Pond access is impossible at this time due to low water, but there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.  City parks says "for sure next year"  Only been 5 years now.