Author Topic: Guidance on Launching Equipment & Associated Accessories Help Apprected?  (Read 25057 times)

rctugman

Hi Sid
Good to hear from you,I thank you for the suggestion but I feel any type/Size of tug is now out of the question I am afraid to say..

all the best Steve

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
Mornin' Steve,

Sorry to hear the change of circumstances for you, but as Syd mentioned, there are RTR models available should the urge persist.  We will still all be here, I'm sure.

Norm

rctugman

Hello Norm
Good to hear from you
I do not think I will ever be in a position to go RC Tug Boat Modelling..mores the pity
but all the best to you

Cheers Steve

rctugman

Good Evening Norm,Syd,Peter,

and everyone who read my somewhat dramatic throwing in the RC Tug Boat Towel? Post of yesterday.

I must crave forgiveness, as i had one of those cathartic senior moments,well a few moments actually!

Amongst other things I suffer from bouts of serious self doubt which can be acute at times, also I struggle daily to cope with my illnesses,which can be very difficult at times
for many reasons I will not bore you with.

I felt even worse when I appeared to burn my bridges visa vie  My new found Interest in this great hobby of RC Tug BoatsIf their is one thing that is without any doubt what so ever and that is  I need Something to occupy my mind,as well as giving me something meaningful to do..and to channel my energies..and above all gives me a reason to be get up in a morning! That's a lot to put on the shoulders of the humble RC Tug

Anyway dear friends enough of all this,sorry to burden you guys. anyway
I'm officially back with the full support and backing of my dear wife Jo, who is a rock! remarkably she sees My continuing participation & Interest in RC Tugs as something very positive,something which she did not with e model railways.

Please keep the good advice coming

Best Wishes Steve
[/size]

des

Hi Steve, and welcome back.

Do I detect a "it's too hard" moment?  Or a sudden loss of motivation?  Don't worry about it - these temporary conditions will pass if you let them.

I think the trick is (as I mentioned in my first reply to your post) not to think too far ahead.  If you think too far ahead you will identify "problems" which you may think are too hard to overcome for some reason.  Whereas, if you get started, then hit one of these issues, you are more likely to see it as a learning experience, or a challenge, or in most cases, you will simply do what needs to be done without much effort and without thinking too much about it at all.

We all know now that you are looking at purchasing a "Ready to Run" model, complete with RC equipment already installed.  I suggest you browse this forum under the "Items for sale" section - people often put up their models for sale so they can get the money to commence another build.  But you are also right in not buying off the web without seeing the model for sale.

You'll also need to consider how you will get the model from the seller's location to your place (model boats can be deceptively fragile).  Can you drive easily?  That way you can go and look at the model for sale, have the seller give you some instructions on how to operate the RC, do the deal, then put the model into your car for safe transport back to your home without having to pack it into a substantial box for air or road freight.

There are many aspects to this hobby.  Choosing the right model, and getting it home are just two aspects which can keep you occupied and interested for a week or two.  Then you can get to operate it.

Personally I wouldn't get too hung up about the type of tug you want to buy (for example, that steam tug), as a specific type of model may not be available just when you want to buy it.

Good luck, and keep the faith.

Des.

PS - you've re-ignited my own motivation to get my model finished.  Thank you.

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
Hi Steve,  Good News! Glad to hear the renewed interest and also the encouragement from your wife  Was on Google Earth the other day having a look at your home town.  Looks like you have a few ponds or lakes close to town.  Think you mentioned that you were close to a pond so now the big concern is to get you a tug. Was wondering if you have any hobby shops in your town that might be able to lend a hand, or put you in touch with other model boaters.  Have seen some posts from other Norwegian boaters, maybe they could be of help on what and where tugs for sale could be found.  Failing that, keep plugging away with the questions Steve as I'm sure there is a solution out there.

Norm

rctugman

Hello Norm & Des

Hope you are well.I am so pleased you and Des replied,it means a lot to me as I was somewhat embarrassed by my actions! I do thank you both very much for replying and offering real encouragement,much appreciated.

Norm we have  three lakes outside the house(major advantage) about 60 mtrs from the door. we are approx 25klm from civilization.I only get out to visit the doctors and the hospital normally.No clubs or folk near me who might help,that is why I am putting so much store in you guys to keep me on the right track.

Their are no hobby shops in this area anymore their used to be one who sold Planes & helis and a few speed boats but he did little business and closed I think their are more folk in to flying.

Des, No it was neither of your suggestions that put me off it was something far deeper,which I will not bore you with. But if the alternative is no hobby! and nothing to look forward to,then I am on a slow path to oblivion.That is what made me and with the backing of dear wife,convinced me to keep plodding along,and that RC Tugs are what I have always being looking for..just discovered a bit late in life..and without the ability to build anything. Certainly thinking to far ahead as been a major issue with me..and you are quite correct not good to look to far forward.

As you are aware Des we live in the backwoods of Norway,I have never driven in my near 59 years.mainly due to health (again) so my wife is the taxi but we only go to town when necessary.as Jo (Jorunn) travels 30 km there and 30 klm back each day to work.

Des once again you are correct,the obtaining & transporting of said TUG is problematic,for the reasons stated above.and the lack of Tug Boats here in Norway? It would indeed need ground freight or air freight? and it would require a good box with lots of padding..

Once again

many thanks to you both

Steve

FsASTSyd1

• Site Supporter
  • I love cooking with Wine, sometimes I put it in the food
Hi Steve,
            great to see you back, I reckon we all have these little turns, I sometimes look at some of the superb work on here and the other forum (Model Boat Mayhem - Forum) and at the model shows, and think I should have stuck with turning matches into charcoal, I was quite good at that!!! However you soon come across a photograph or even a model, and think I can do better than that, and off we go again.
Just take your time, ask anything, don't forget we have Tug Masters, Tug Crew and I understand there is even a Tug designer, both model and full size, then there are of course us modellers, dabblers and fiddlers from probably under 15 to considerably more than 70 (If I see 76 again it will be 176) all members and most only too willing to give any help they can.
All the best
Syd J
Syd J

rctugman

Good Day Syd,My dad was named Syd and I kept spelling his name wrong to !

Really do appreciate your continued kind words and encouragement,I really do thank you.

I will indeed keep asking the questions,and wow am I pleased to have thought again,because I really like this forum

all the best for now
regards Steve