Author Topic: Smoke makers  (Read 10184 times)

tug-arlyn-nelson

Re: Smoke makers
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2015, 18:54:20 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqkrKo-Fz_U

Finally got down to play with it some more, this time making smoke with the unit from Oz, the V4. It worked great and made good smoke. It was a little breezy today so it blew away pretty quick but during lulls it hung around for a bit.

Calimero

• Calimero's RC shed
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 23:05:08 »
Looks good to me !

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 18:06:46 »
Thanks Calimero!  It was fun. People on my dock stopping by and commenting on it, they all thought it was pretty neat too. Going to change ballast a little, its a tad nose heavy.

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2015, 20:03:56 »
I see in the very close future that you will upgrade this to a cheap $5 hobbyking ESC so that you'll be able enable/disable the smoker from your TX. :D

Well almost.  Instead I picked up a little unit called a BattleSwitch relay from Harbor Models which allows me to use the spare 3rd ch on my goofy little Futaba Tx.  Got it today and after a bit of chasing my tail (had to undo my previous handiwork!) got it hooked up per the plan and badda boom, it worked.  Just need to go in now and clean up connections, solder a couple, and mount the unit somewhere out of the way. Pretty slick.  In my Tx manual it talks about a similar item called the CPS-1 but I could find almost no info on it even on Futaba's own site so gave up on that idea, but this switch will work.