Author Topic: Wall Hanger For RC Tugs?.Does anyone Produce these?Help appreciated+Mooring Tugs  (Read 4897 times)

rctugman

Hello Fellow members... :)

Once again I have some odd type questions re-firstly Display Shelves/Brackets e.t.c. for RC TUG up to 1 mtr long?(Approx)My wife is having a spare room converted for me (Tug Den) and I thought it maybe nice to have a nice looking wall shelf or similar? I wonder if anyone produces these please?If not I have discovered some very interesting KAYAK/CANOE wall brackets/Shelves which may do the job nicely...I would be very keen to hear from any members who have a similar set up to display their boats.

My second question relates to Mooring said TUG? our lake is fine but no easy launch as sand bank and fluctuating water levels,.make it very difficult to have any kind of permanent Structure IE Harbour..which I would have liked.

I gave this one heck of a lot of thought and by accident came across yet more useful KAYAK/CANOE related items? which I felt could offer an alternative

First was a neat mini anchor set (see pics) which can be placed off shore and used as a mooring buoy..so I will not have to bring Tug in to shore as it is not easy.so it can be tied to mooring when not operating,or during maintenance!

I will mainly be operating said TUG via rowing boat...

So dear friends if anyone as their own solutions or thoughts on my ideas please let me know on either topic!"MOORING OR DISPLAY SHELF"

Best wishes Steve

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
Hi again Steve, thought I would show you how I store my boats in my "man cave"  Just a couple of  "L" wall brackets and a piece of shelving does the trick.  Keeps them out of the way.   Not quite sure of why you want an anchor in your pond.  Is this to stay for longer periods of a day or just to tie your boat to when having a coffee break.  Would not suggest leaving your boat overnight at anchor.

Norm

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
Senior moment,  forgot the pics.

rctugman

Good Morning Norm
Very nice to hear from you,Really am obliged for the pics Superb!
is that a crane barge I spy? would make a good dockside?

Re the anchoring thing..well as I explained I have no actual shore line it's awkward to get close to the boat..I will use my rowing boat teatherd so I can control the boat..but whilst I am out there..I felt being able to tie up the Tug whilst I have a break or do minor things to tug e.t.c. So I looked at some options one was the anchor pictured only weighs 1.5kg (small) to tie up to,or a simple mooring bouy with a sand anchor IE( from beech/shore fixed in sand>) rope out to buoy and tie up in same style.

No Norm the Boat will never be left outside all night ,the Beavers will get it!!

please keep the ideas a coming

regards Steve

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
Mornin' Steve,  The crane barge is one of a few that travel up and down the west coast of Canada picking up logs for the numerous lumber producers in British Columbia.  It is loaded by the cranes and uses flooding tanks to tip and dump the logs at its final location.  The whole process can be viewed on U tube if you google Rivtow Hercules.  Another thought that comes to mind for your anchoring is this pier I built for our pond.  I use two steel rods ( laying on the deck closest) to anchor into the bottom of the pond close to shore at the right hand side of the picture.  If the water is a bit choppy, I use a small anchor rope with weight on the outer side of the pier.  The whole pier is floating on a 3" thick Styrofoam block.  Very easy to build.  Dress it up as much as you like.

Norm

rctugman

Good day Norm

I do so look forward to your replies,and once again thank you for the excellent Picture and suggestion.

I really do like your logging Crane barge and look forward to seeing the You Tube video of it in use.

What is the material on the Styrofoam Norm? I could try and ask someone to build it or something very similar for me.?

Many thanks once again,much obliged

Best Wishes Steve

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
Hi Steve,  Have been busy with my current build.  The pier built on the styrofoam block is all made from scrap wood.  Pine pilings, plywood deck and paint to seal it all.  Have seen where some have just used an 8 foot 2x4 anchored  as a warf.

Norm

rctugman

Good Day Norm

Very good to hear from you,as usual.
I thank you very much for the floating crane barge information very much appreciated..

Happy Building!

Steve

Model Tug Man

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
Steve,

Are you familiar with the concept of a spud barge? This would let you move it around without much trouble and take it out of the water when needed. Some plywood, 2x4s and metal tube or rod and you are in business.
VGJQ

rctugman

Hello again
very good to hear from you

No I do not know any barges at all..and someone will have to build me the basics...am still leaning to anchor buoy as easy solution

best wishes Steve