Author Topic: A poohey day with a glorious end.  (Read 2126 times)

nhp651

A poohey day with a glorious end.
« on: June 17, 2015, 10:42:31 »
I have had one real bad day today....arguments with kids who are stressed out because of exams, stressed out because they going for an interview for the merchant nay......car needing a new tyre and bumping into a scrote who I took to court some time ago......to the doc's this afternoon because I had a brain fart yesterday and have had headaches for days.......to be told I had possible sleep apnoea............

and then I got home.........to an enormous box.......with my mate Dave Metcalf's ( of Metcalf Mouldings) hand writing on it............

Ohhhh......what could it be, as I haven't ordered anything.

Dave, the wonderful man that he is, and a very good friend too........................has sent me a lovely present, out of the blue and a very kind gesture too...........

Tonight I received a lovely Hibernia Fire tug kit.

never expected and a lovely kind thought from a great man.

I am going to put it away for my retirement in a couple of years and when I build it I will have great pleasure in thinking of our friendship for over 25 years.

what a man he is.

cheers dave.........and I hope you enjoy your retirement too mate.
I'll get it right ONE DAY

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
Re: A poohey day with a glorious end.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 06:25:48 »
That would brighten up anyone's worst day!
We'll look forward to photos of this once in awhile as you jump into it!
Built a couple of Dave's models from Model Boats articles - Sangsetia and Bluebird of Chelsea. Taking years to finish but nice looking designs. Hope he keeps building in his retirement.

nhp651

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 04:58:03 »
he's taking some time out to enjoy retirement and then going to do a bit towards his lifeboats that I have been designing for him.......he deserves his retirement.

and yes, once I have finished my daughters Voith Schneider driven ferry which is taking an absolute age to do I shall be making a start on the Hibernia, and will post a log on here. neil.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:01:35 by nhp651 »
I'll get it right ONE DAY

Model Tug Man

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 08:02:47 »
WOW, what a great friend to have!!! Looking forward to your build.
VGJQ