Author Topic: Help with Brushless ESC  (Read 1896 times)

EAGLE

Help with Brushless ESC
« on: June 18, 2015, 13:07:19 »
Hi All
       I bought a tug hull at a flea market, it has a brushless motor in it, it's a AXi 2826/12. I would like to know, if anybody can suggest a esc to go with it, the hull 28" by 9". What' left of the superstructure looks like a MMM nanjee. All advase will be appreciated.
             Regards Dave

Calimero

• Calimero's RC shed
Re: Help with Brushless ESC
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 13:51:33 »
What propeller diameter ?
Google says it's a 750kv motor. I probably wouldn't go over 6V.

I'm running this one in my springer but it seems currently unavailable: Turnigy TrackStar 1/10th Scale 60A Car ESC Version 2

This series is also know to work well in boats:
- HobbyKing® ™ Brushless Car ESC 30A w/ Reverse
- HobbyKing® ™ Brushless Car ESC 45A w/ Reverse

In any case, they will have to be "programmed" to enable full reverse and tweak a few options (disable the low voltage cutoff which is not needed when running a SLA battery).

EAGLE

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 10:17:19 »
Hi there
           The prop Die is 50 mm, it looks like a 174. I've ordered my ESC from Hobbyking, it's the 60A, they had no 45 in stock, with a card to set it up. I'll try and get some pics up in the future.
           Regards Dave

Calimero

• Calimero's RC shed
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 11:04:28 »
I run a #174 45mm Raboesch prop in my springer with a 800kv motor under 6V. Most of the time I cruise at half throttle and have plenty power available for heavy towing.

EAGLE

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 06:03:26 »
I've finally got the boat on the water, she goes like the clippers, on 6v, have to run it on half stick. Thank you for your help, when l get the hang of posting photos l'll put one up.
       Regards Dave ;D