Author Topic: Tug Art  (Read 1887 times)

FredY

Tug Art
« on: June 22, 2015, 14:38:54 »
My rendition of one of the best looking tugs on the Mersey, built in the days when tugs looked like tugs and not like waterborne farm tractors. She would make a great model.

Fred

TERRY

Re: Tug Art
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 03:39:31 »
Another very nice painting Fred.
Terry.
Measure twice cut once

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 20:34:11 »
I can smell the salt air as I put my self into your picture. As an artist, not even on par
with your abilities to portray , I can only imagine the pleasure you felt as you painted
and created a magic moment of classic tugboat time.

Thank you for sharing Fred,
Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 06:16:39 »
My sentiments entirely Fred tugs should look like tugs, I can just See her lift and chuck the spray over her head Well done a lovely nostalgic picture.   Geo
Tugs are for life      George B

FredY

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 13:39:40 »
Thank you Gentlemen,  I was lucky to work on tugboats when I did, I have lots of good memories (and some scary moments) of those far off days when steam ruled and the ports were full of ships and tugs. That is what I like to paint but I am always being asked to paint other things not remotely related to the sea!

Cheers,  Fred