Author Topic: Recomendations for radio for twin screw tug  (Read 6096 times)

tug-arlyn-nelson

Re: Recomendations for radio for twin screw tug
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 18:24:08 »
Thanks guys, I will read up on that.

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 20:51:26 »
Thanks Dave for the links and info!  I am just getting started on the Slipway Yorkshireman, nice plan drawings BTW!  I am a relative newcomer to this R/C modeling and this will be my 3rd model, but first with twin screw. So I read in one of your articles about wiring up the motors and it states for reversing the direction of a motor to simply,   "swap over the 2 wires from the ESC to the motor". So to clarify for this novice, we then use the + yellow wire off the ESC as the - negative lead, and use the blue - as the + lead going to the motor terminals?  My motors came without any wires attached I assume because of this scenario.  I have two Mtroniks 20 amp Viper ESC's and plan to set it up for so called tank steering using this method.   I use the same ESC in my Assurance tug with the same motor as used here the MFA 500 6-1.  Thanks again!

FLJ

• Site Supporter
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2015, 09:25:46 »
Let's not complicate things with colours and brand names. If you have a motor which goes in the wrong direction from that required then you disconnect the two wires between the motor and the ESC and reconnect them the other way around. Getting specific, you can't unsolder or unscrew the yellow and blue wires from an MTroniks ESC so you either swap the wires over at the bullet connections to the motor or unsolder the motor terminal connections and remake them the opposite way round. Whatever you do DON'T reverse the polarity of the connections between the battery and the ESC!

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 10:54:14 »
Thanks Dave.  As the motors came with no connection wires anyway, that part is easy.  Appreciate the info!