Author Topic: Molgogger, what to do?  (Read 1519 times)

tug-arlyn-nelson

Molgogger, what to do?
« on: October 19, 2015, 12:55:05 »
The Molgogger came with my Assurance tug kit and I installed it on deck to begin with but owing to its height, which would interfere with a towline since it did not hinge as a real one would, I took it off and threw it in a box of little parts. While towing my barge around yesterday and filming it with a GoPro camera from the back deck I realized I really needed a set of fairlead pins. So today while cleaning up the boat etc., it occurred to me a way to put the Molgogger to use, as pins!  This of course required some slight mods to the existing set up, had to open up a groove in the aft rail for the stanchion, glued a pad down on the deck to support the bottom, and then fit the aft raised deck cover to the stanchion and add a little pc on top to cover my excess of filing!  All in all I think it looks good and will have a purpose and a good way to use the Gogger.

This will also lend strength to the rail cap which I am constantly popping up while handling the boat in and out of the water, just reglued it today: by holding it down.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 22:17:10 by tug-arlyn-nelson »

tug-arlyn-nelson

Re: Molgogger, what to do?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 12:56:30 »
More pics.

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 21:51:10 »
Over 100 looks and not one comment.  I guess this must be a common mod eh? LOL!

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 12:12:14 »
Well S., I'll make a comment. For me, it's extra nice to now have yet another clever
"cable stay" design to add to my mind's collection, thank you.

The way you have installed your "Molgogger" looks to me like it was made for just
where and how it fits. Nice picture of the tow line at rest in its clutch.

Since you and I are the only ones commenting here on your post, I would like to
share how I am creating my cable pins on my big xbow. They are "pop up" cleats
for one's yacht. Just right for the work deck of this scale tug. They will be mounted
more to the stern and much closer together.

Thank you S. and nice work,
Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 12:39:09 »
Thanks Michael, I know its bad form to solicit comments but gee whiz, not like I was telling how I glued two pcs of plastic together right?  Those pop ups are pretty cool for sure. Nice.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 22:18:19 by tug-arlyn-nelson »