Author Topic: Help! We are sinking!  (Read 6253 times)

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
Re: Help! We are sinking!
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2016, 09:23:48 »
Congratulations Model Tug Man. . .my perfect dream also would be to retire and move to
live on a lake - way to go. And, you don't have to apologize for not posting lately. I think
your "Thousands of Posts" are a monument to your having been and still are one of the
pillars of this Forum.

As stated by several here, there is just a trend that began a few years back involving
a significant drop in not only tugboat sites, but all other Forum sites. My records from 2011
show that my tugboat building site, large scale, for years received around 2000 visitors
a month. In early 2014 the drop began and leveled off last year at around 600 visitors
a month. Naturally, the Forum here in refined to the most ardent tugboat building souls.

It is such a pleasure for me to be a part of this group. I encourage all visitors to this Forum
to take the "initiation plunge" into being a new member. . .the water is fine and the tugs
here are friendly; very much so. And, tugboat building inspiration flows freely.

Thank you Model Tug Man,
Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2016, 19:11:23 »
Afraid I too am somewhat guilty of absence of late, been busy with a boat I just purchased and of course like any boat it needs lots of work. Just went back in the water yesterday after being on the hard for over 2 weeks doing various and sundry repairs and maintenance. For those interested its whats known as a Taiwan Trawler, in this case specifically a 1978 Puget Trawler one of the less common ones. Aptly named since I live on Puget Sound basically. Since completion of the IRISHMAN, I have been mostly busy with this. I like to think another build will be forthcoming this fall but who knows.  These trawlers have been used around the world and the members here will no doubt have seen more than a few wherever you reside. Here is a pic of mine.

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2016, 19:18:38 »
Very very nice Tug arlyn.  Will you be doing any cruising up into BC waters?  Lovely way to travel.

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2016, 19:41:42 »
Probably not this year, but perhaps next. My daughter is actually getting married to one you Canucks in June and will be moving up either to Van or perhaps the Island later on. My plan is to eventually go to Alaska as I have made the trip many times on tugs and fishboats, but never on my own boat.  Thanks!!

Model Tug Man

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2016, 08:32:20 »
Best of luck with the wedding. Prepare yourself for lots of stress. Nice looking boat you have there. Very wise to keep her under cover. I have a 88 pilothouse trawler of about 33 feet. The only thing that works on an old boat is the owner. 
VGJQ

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2016, 20:43:17 »
Well fortunately its going to be a small affair and shouldn't be too difficult. On the boat, thanks. As you say its work all the time, never a shortage of things to do. I started at least two different projects today as they were right next to each other, LOL!