Author Topic: GoPro video of Assurance class tug, W39 - with music!  (Read 992 times)

tug-arlyn-nelson

GoPro video of Assurance class tug, W39 - with music!
« on: November 27, 2015, 14:45:24 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo-bH9xsd6w

Some of you UK tuggers will recognize the composer of the music and that it is from the movie, The Key, which used the real W39 in the filming.

Set aside about 8 minutes to view, but I think you will agree its worth the time.

thamestug

• Thames Tugs
Re: GoPro video of Assurance class tug, W39 - with music!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 06:20:51 »
great model and video tug but would respectfully suggest you gog the towline down to the stern bitts (as full size practice if gog pins are not fitted). this would help stop the towline from trying to go under the counter during tight reverse turns and stop the towline from possibly leading out over the beam of the tug thus leading to a possible capsize situation.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 06:49:03 by thamestug »
IF IT FLOATS...TOW IT!
IF IT DONT FLOAT...TOW IT UNTIL IT DOES!!!!

tug-arlyn-nelson

Re: GoPro video of Assurance class tug, W39 - with music!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 09:13:52 »
Thanks Thames,   I did retrofit the boat with the molgogger for pins (see my Assurance thread)  that came with the kit, (after the video) since I didn't like it on deck as it didn't hinge and would interfere with the towline as well.  Obviously were this a real boat I would have dealt with that in some way.  And while it looks a little dicey a couple of times, I did not ever have an issue with the towline.  In fact I used it to my advantage once or twice.
All the tugs I ever worked on had pins on the aft rail. I can remember as a kid we physically lifted them up and put them in holes! Now of course its all hydraulics.
Thanks for watching and commenting on the video!

I forgot that I had started a separate thread for the molgogger thing.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 16:28:59 by tug-arlyn-nelson »