Author Topic: Prop Shop Problems?  (Read 4948 times)

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
Prop Shop Problems?
« on: March 17, 2016, 08:12:16 »
Hi, is anybody else having problems with Prop Shop?
I ordered a prop 6 weeks ago ,after 3 weeks I phoned and was told that it had been cast but was not any good so they were going to make another,I have called them every week since and have had the same excuse, today was a bit different I called at 3.45 pm and was told to call back tomorrow as everybody had gone home.
My problem is that I need a 5.75"x4 bladed kort type prop a bit out of the ordinary, so I will just have to wait and see what occurs tomorrow I suppose.
Any ideas guys.
Tugs are for life      George B

ray28507

• Admiral Poster
  • SHUSWAP :2017
Re: Prop Shop Problems?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 11:51:23 »
p/m sent george  :)
B.C tugs >>  ken mackenzie~07   nellie irene~07    freewinds ~04       sidewinder'in b.c~11'   iron horse~12  malley b~16  western mariner ~14  shuswap ~17
  u.s.a tugs> >  nanuq~11

make it six am 2moro

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 16:04:56 »
Hi, is anybody else having problems with Prop Shop?
I ordered a prop 6 weeks ago ,after 3 weeks I phoned and was told that it had been cast but was not any good so they were going to make another,I have called them every week since and have had the same excuse, today was a bit different I called at 3.45 pm and was told to call back tomorrow as everybody had gone home.
My problem is that I need a 5.75"x4 bladed kort type prop a bit out of the ordinary, so I will just have to wait and see what occurs tomorrow I suppose.
Any ideas guys.

It's enough to put one in a spin isn't it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1UJzFJZB0
let go forward

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 23:07:17 »
Nice one Ray.

Kev30

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 01:26:45 »
I had a prop made by propshop last October George for my Hibernia kit and I was told it would have to be cast as they didn't have any in stock and it was roughly took about 10 days.
Please don't think I'm rubbing salt in the wound as this was my first time I dealt with Propshop.

Regards
Kevin

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 05:26:35 »
I have had an e mail drop Swan Castings this morning, they are going to cast my prop today,so watch this space.  Geo

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 06:47:10 »
Ta Da the prop that I ordered arrived special delivery at 10.00 am this morning ,and was back in the post by 11.00 not only was it 20mm too big on the dia it was not a kort prop but a huge round bladed one, so back it has gone.
That excuse was oh there must have been a mix up with my order,although they have it on e mail.  So here we go again I wonder how long I will have to wait now.

des

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 14:05:34 »
For what it's worth, I've just had an email from UK stating that Simon, who is PropShop, has left Swann Engineering and is out of contact.

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 14:54:03 »
Hi Des yes that is true, I have spoken to Simon and he is looking for premises to set up on his own and start casting again .  Geo

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 12:16:43 »
Here is the latest update on the on going prop saga, after returning the totally wrong one to them,I have had an e mail stating that the largest kort type they do is 5" dia,and that I will have to have a different style one.
So I sent them a photograph of the prop that they made for the Sun London just over a year ago which was the same size as the one that I ordered over 9 weeks ago.  But so far no reply from them even after 5 phone calls to them today.
It looks very much like Simon leaving has left them with nobody knowing much about propellors.sad to say.
Watch this space for further updates.  Geo

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 07:32:56 »
Another latest update on the elusive propeller.
I had an e mail last Monday the 30th saying that they had started production on the correct prop and that I would get it last week,guess what it still has not shown up, so phoned prop shop yesterday and was told that it was definitely being dispatched imediately, today still no show so 3 more phone calls with promises of a return call NO return calls so another call to them just now only to be told that it was sent 3 weeks ago, and after politely telling them that it had been sent back to them by recorded and signed for mail and that they had sent confirmation of receiving it,I was then told that they will telephone me today again, as they have already taken 132.00 for the prop with another 8.50 cost to me for sending it back ,I am now well peed off, Prop shop have definitely lost the plot now.

tugnut

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 10:52:00 »
OUCH that ,s a bit steep bro.
john b

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 11:01:16 »
Hi Bro, yes a bit pricey but it is a Big prop if I get it it's a pain in the butt the way they are fudging about.

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 00:13:24 »
Latest update, finally had a reply from them,it now appears that they have had trouble with their ( melting equipment ) and it should be cast today.  Possibly?

Kev30

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016, 15:04:19 »
I'm not sure when Prop Shop first started manufacturing model boat props but I do remember when he did start selling tethered hydroplane props the guys who raced using his props said that Simon done a great job. I thought that it was Simon's business or did he go in with the guys who's running it now? Its a great shame I hope it gets sorted very soon George.

Regards
Kevin