Author Topic: Steam tug SS Master  (Read 1862 times)

ballacallin

Steam tug SS Master
« on: April 14, 2016, 06:18:07 »
Greetings from Canada, Vancouver Island
I am a newbie to this forum.

I sail with a friend who builds museum quality large scale models, one of which is the SS Master, a vintage tug built in the 1920s and still working on the Canadian West coast supporting " tug tourists " . Bryon is not interested in computers, preferring instead his workshop time, so he asked me to take some photos of his model and upload them to the web.  I suggested that my photos of his model may spark some interest in a popular UK magazine " Model Boats " and we were very pleased to see the photos published in the April issue, including a feature photo on the front page.  It may be difficult to believe but this large scale ( replica ) is his first build. For those of you who have not seen the magazine article, here is the link to a BLOG I created to share this MASTER piece ( pun intended )

bryonsboats.blogspot.com

John C.

ballacallin

Re: Steam tug SS Master
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 07:24:53 »
Just realized this may be the wrong forum for this genre of tug , if the moderator is able to change it to the correct
forum , please do so

Thanks

John C

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 08:40:31 »
Hello John,

Thank you for sharing your friend's fine tugboat model. For sure, it is a real
beautiful tugboat. The link you posted works fine and shows many interesting
pictures of the tug "Master".

Your link, bryonsboats.blogspot.com, is worth a look-see. I posted two of
the pictures from the link here for all to see however there are several closeups
to see on Bryon's Blog.

A pleasure to meet you John and Welcome Aboard,
Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 21:16:10 »
Exceptional workmanship.  I believe you took me to Bryon's workshop when the Master was a work in progress.

Norm

ballacallin

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 05:08:41 »
Hello Norm
Good to hear from you.
Yes, that is the same model, same workshop.  Bryon and I sail together twice weekly, I take videos and stills and create 5-6 minute videos for our club.
A few months ago Bryon was looking for a new build and could not find a suitable subject. I showed him a photo of a German light ship ELBE1 and he immediately wanted to build it. Friends of mine in Germany live 7 miles from a company who sells the plans, a week later Bryon is enlarging them to 62 inches and is well into the build. Another
museum quality model is on the horizon.

i trust you are well, will pass on your Bravo Zulu to Bryon.

John C

Puffin

• Admiral Poster
  • WestMinster Apache
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 06:47:13 »
HI BALLACALL ; Well come to the tug forum BRYON .   PUFFIN