Author Topic: A couple of Moms tug paintings  (Read 2590 times)

tug-arlyn-nelson

A couple of Moms tug paintings
« on: May 10, 2016, 17:40:06 »
My late mother was a fairly well known artist in the Seattle area from the 60's on. She painted these three of 3 of my dads first few tugs. The big one is the Meteor, a very old wood tug with two 110hp  Washingtons and was 80' long, probably my dads favorite of all his tugs. There is also one he owned before the Meteor called the Vamoose. Then the stern of the Western Star is peaking out from the back of one of the houseboats we lived on in the early 50's. I particularly like the Meteor picture and plan to have it framed. She made the FOSS calendar one year I think in the early 70's. These were all painted in the 50's. I hope you guys like them.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 18:41:08 by tug-arlyn-nelson »

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
Re: A couple of Moms tug paintings
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 21:03:48 »
Thank you for showing your Mom's paintings, S. The picture of the "Meteor" emits
the paint and oil smell of an old tug worker. Dead serious waterfront fantasy as I stand
and admire the spirit of this tugboat through your Mom's eye. Fine "Watercolor" works
do have a way of pulling my attention. My watercolors are void of the feeling you have
in her works.

Thank you S. for giving me a break and almost literally taking me to the docks for a bit. . .

Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

tugnut

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 22:00:35 »
Great Paintings, thanks for sharing.

John B
john b

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 22:28:45 »
Thank you gentlemen, coming from folks like you my mom would be very happy to hear such praise.

FredY

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 13:48:01 »
Thank you for showing three great paintings from a very talented artist.  Your Mom has captured the atmosphere that surrounds these great tugs which is not an easy thing to do

Fred.

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 14:00:29 »
Thanks FredY!