Author Topic: HI ALL ; ANY ONE OUT THERE IN THE OKANAGAN VALLEY  (Read 2036 times)

Puffin

• Admiral Poster
  • WestMinster Apache
HI ALL ; ANY ONE OUT THERE IN THE OKANAGAN VALLEY
« on: May 23, 2016, 08:51:17 »
HI  ALL IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE IN THE PENTICTON  ,BRITISH  COLUMBIA , CANADA . WHO LIKES TUGS , OR WANT TO RUN ONE .      PUFFIN

Toby

• Site Supporter
Re: HI ALL ; ANY ONE OUT THERE IN THE OKANAGAN VALLEY
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 09:57:59 »
Hello Puffin,
Thanks for posing your question-general for I had never heard  of Okanagan Valley or where it was.  The place looks stunning,  reminiscent of our Lake District in the UK.
Hope that you can find a local pal but plenty of distance friendships as it were can be made via this forum. Distance is no block to an interest in tugs in another part of the world to where one resides.

Toby
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 09:59:47 by Toby »

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 19:05:47 »
Hi Puffin,  good to hear from you. Would be kinda nice if we could arrange a meet some where.  Unfortunately on my trip to Kingston Ont. to visit my son and family, my wife fell and broke her left femur.  Long story short, we made it home to Kamloops, but now all the rest of our summer plans are out the window.  She will be wheelchair bound for 6 months.  If her progress improves, maybe we could arrange a meet.

Norm

SlimShady

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 18:13:25 »
Hey Puffin, this is an old thread but I just joined the forum and this is my first post. I live in Penticton and just started a Bugsier 3, picked it up from Finescale Models. Its a project that somebody abandoned. It won't be ready for some time as there is a lot to do.
I do however have another RC Ship that I just finished and I am anxious to get it on the water. Its an old project that got set aside due other commitments, kids and others such nonsense.
I see that you are still active on the forum so I hope you see this.
a few pics:

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 21:18:46 »
Your two models are very fine work. . .inspirational. Welcome to the Forum SlimShady,
Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

Puffin

• Admiral Poster
  • WestMinster Apache
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 03:06:42 »
hi all in the OKANAGAN , PENTICTON BC .   
  iAM GETTING BACK INTO BUILDING , Have a blank hull I am starting . i live in the north-end of Penticton .  gepn42@hotmail.com   .I still have two models and parts .  PUFFIN

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 06:31:29 »
Hi Puffin - hope to see you back building again.

Have the old Bobby A now - doing a bit of cleanup on it.

Which ones have you kept?

SlimShady

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 14:12:35 »
Thanks for getting in touch with me Puffin! I am glad to have someone with as much experience as you near by to get me going.

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 07:51:31 »
Glad to see there is someone else down there in Penticton for you to boat with.  Hopefully your boating can encourage others to get involved.   With the long range weather predictions showing a warming trend, hope our pond will start to thaw.  Will keep you informed Glenn.

Norm