Author Topic: Mobile Marine Models 90mm Kort nozzle  (Read 2175 times)

fastfaz

Mobile Marine Models 90mm Kort nozzle
« on: August 22, 2016, 04:42:48 »
Greetings everyone,
    Does anyone out there have a 90mm Mobile Marine Kort nozzle that they would like to exchange for folding beer vouchers? Thanks for looking.
    Cheers,
        Pete.
The photo is my Lowgarth Mountfleet models but my own design and build (the kit quality and fit was very poor) I scatch built the superstructure from photos of the Foylegarth and scaled it off the figures. Sails superbly.

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
Re: Mobile Marine Models 90mm Kort nozzle
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 06:10:17 »
Ever thought of making your own?  Easy.  Get some black PVC pipe of the desired size,  cut  to the length you require the nozzle to be, shave one end down to the outside diameter of the pipe, and at the other end, shave the outside diameter down to the inside diameter.  Worked for me.

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 07:09:06 »
just a couple pics of nozzles installed

fastfaz

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 11:37:00 »
    Nice job you have a lathe no doubt, unfortunately I don't have power or a lathe in my shed and I have never seen wastepipe with walls that thick in the UK. I see that your Korts are fixed with an unusual shaped rudder jow effective are they? I have never tried a fixed Kort with a rudder but plan to add two blades to the rear of the Kort when I start the build of this boat. Its a bit of an experiment just using a single screw (my other tugs are all twin screw) with a big motor and big prop n Kort so we will see,
    Thanks for your reply.
         Cheers,
             Pete.
The photo is my Lowgarth Mountfleet models but my own design and build (the kit quality and fit was very poor) I scatch built the superstructure from photos of the Foylegarth and scaled it off the figures. Sails superbly.

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 12:33:54 »
Hi Pete,  I am surprised that your local hardware stores would not have this type of PVC pipe in various sizes.  It is pretty well the standard on this side of the pond for sink drains.  The "fish tail" on the back side of my rudders was passed down to me by another member of the forum here.  It works a lot like the Becker rudder on some tugs giving a considerable shorter turning radius.  Also helps in reverse control.  Actually building the kortz I just used a very sharp exacto knife skimming off the leading and trailing edges very finely until reaching the inner and outer dimentions.  Then good ol' sand paper did the rest.  I think I used my dremel tool with a sanding roller to smooth out the inside diameter.  If you get the urge to try it, can help with any other questions that come to mind.
        Norm

Puffin

• Admiral Poster
  • WestMinster Apache
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 13:55:40 »
hi there how are things in KAMLOOPS  . I am getting all settled in here in penticton ,but I have a ton of stuff to get rid of . Do you have any thing happening in KAMLOOPS ?  PUFFIN   [ GLEN NEWMEYER]

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 15:30:37 »
Hi Glen,  PM'd you.
Norm

west coast tug

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 19:15:21 »
I press them in Fiberglass,
2.5", 3" and 3.5"
Gary