Author Topic: Small QUALITY Merchant Navy Badge/Hat/Book Collection For~Sale!  (Read 1106 times)

rctugman

Hello Dear Friends
I am afraid both my will power and my health have regrettably meant that RC Tugboats are never going to happen for me, so have decided to sell my remaining items as a complete small collection of mainly brand new items which I hope very much members like.

I have taken the following off EBay,waste of time nowadays!would rather see the items go to worthy owner with real interest.

British Merchant Navy Collection

Plus 13.45 P&P To UK Only
[/b]

Super! Opportunity to Buy a A Really Fine

Including2 x Rare Pins:-

(1)
VINTAGE MERCHANT NAVY ENAMEL LAPEL BADGE REF V V 2 T

Including the following Items:-
Very Good & Rare!original circa 1940's 'Merchant Navy lapel badge', similar to the Official Issue MN War Service Silver Badge, but in brass and enamel.

Very good condition, retaining original pin fittings,  enamel in good condition

Height 2 x 2cm

(2)
VINTAGE MERCHANT NAVY ENAMEL LAPEL BADGE

Official Issue MN War Service  Badge
      Very good  condition.
Dimensions  2 x 2 cms

(3)
CURRENT MERCHANT NAVY BADGE

Brand New from Merchant Navy Association,high quality
in pouch (Never Used)

Dimensions 2 x 2 cm

(4)
CURRENT MERCHANT NAVY BASEBALL CAP

(Brand New Never worn with tags)
Purchased through the Merchant Navy Association Very Good quality with Embroidered MN Badge

I have decided to add two associated items to this Merchant Navy mini collection

(5)
The following is both a very unusual pin, but also a very interesting one,made to a very high quality in the USA,from where it came.It is very stunning and am told it is a rarity?

& cost me 12:00 including Postage!!
US Navy Munitions ASD Tug
 LAPEL PIN 1.2 INCHES

Plus.....
(6)
Steam Tugs: A Colour Portfolio

by David L. Williams

Book Description: USED BUT OTHERWISE OF Very GOOD QUALITY 9/10
    Product Details
    Series: Colour Portfolio
    Hardcover: 80 pages
    Publisher: Ian Allan Ltd (January 1, 2002)
    Language: English
    Product Dimensions: 9.5 x 7.4 x 0.5 inches

About this title: Although the great passenger liners such as Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary epitomised the height of luxurious sea travel, they never would have been able to function properly without assistance of the more mundane tug and pilot ships that used to be such a familiar sight in British waters. From the end of the 1950s onwards, the late Kenneth Wightman travelled widely around coastal Britain making a colour record of maritime operations. His unique archive of transparencies, allied to his comprehensive records of the period, reveal a fascinating snapshot of a period when steam tugs were still plentiful and formed an essential part of the marine economy. By the 1960s much of the traditional trade that they served was living on borrowed time to be replaced by jet airliners and container ships, and so the steam tug became increasingly uneconomic, and many of the scenes that Wightman recorded are now but distant memories. Based around some stunning colour photographs, allied to David Williams well-informed and detailed text, the book provides readers with a nostalgic trip back in time, to an era when the country's ports and harbours resounded to the bustle of cargo and passenger ships.

**The cost of postage from Norway is very expensive!

The cost of sending the above to the UK is

13.45 Recorded delivery To UK Address!

Not Including Packing!which is free!

Any Questions please feel free to contact me

Many~Thanks

All The Best Steve

PS Am restricted to 3 Pictures only
so please, if you are interested drop me a PM and I will forward further photos.