Author Topic: Article on 'Artesania Latina' tugboat "Sanson" - in UK "Model Boats" Aug 2003  (Read 1477 times)

steamboat willie

Hello!
I am Steamboat Willie, a new member to this Forum, coming live to your screen from Canberra, Australia. (Australia is that island just to the left of New Zealand...).
I have a kit of the Artisania Latina's "Sanson" and am aware that an article was written about this vessel/kit in the August 2003 edition of the UK magazine "Model Boats". Despite several leads I have been unable to find this article, which is about the conversion of this model to run on steam.
I would be grateful if any member with this edition of the magazine could advise me such that I could arrange to obtain a copy.
Yes, I know its a longshot, but here's hoping!!!
Many thanks! 
Cheers!
Steamboat Willie.

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
Hello Steamboat Willie. . .I have always wanted to meet you. Only here on the Tugboat Forum
can a model tugboat builder find famous tugboat folks. There are several steam enthusiasts
here. Many, like my tugboat self, also are deep into live steam scale locomotives. To marry
the spirit of the steam engine to one's tug is the perfect mode of quality time.

Here is a link to a site that specializes in past issues of magazines: http://www.magazineexchange.co.uk/model-boats-magazine-august-2003-issue.html
Just type in the year and name of the magazine you seek.

This site may have a clue: http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/42801/article-sanson-model-boats-august-2003

If you type "Model Boats" Magazine, into the EBay search and then click on "Follow this Search",
they will automatically email you each time a new posting is up.

And last, I have seen many miraicles materialize here on the Forum. . .I wouldn't be surprised a bit
if one of the members here just happens to have this magazine hanging around and can be of
assistance.

With your name like yours the Forum grows. Welcome Aboard Tugboat Willie,
Michael

Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

steamboat willie

Well Thankyou 2tugboats for your kind words and welcome.
I have looked at the two addresses you suggested but alas, without success. But I am still hopeful that out there, somewhere, will be a copy of the August 2003 Model Boats magazine. From my experience of both Forums and the internet in general, something usually turns up. I am hoping therefore my patience will be rewarded.
Many thanks to you and the moderators for your warm welcome.
Cheers!
Bill (aka Steamboat Willie).