Author Topic: the most realistic sound module  (Read 1659 times)

Tugcaptain

the most realistic sound module
« on: September 30, 2016, 04:18:16 »
Hi,
in my omgoing project, the Portgarth, I plan to install a sound module capable of simulating the sound of a larger diesel engine, fog horn etc.

In an other model I have a home buildt sound module which I found on e.bay. It is however not very good, the diesel sounds more like a fast clicking clock and when I sound the horn the diesel sound is interruppted for a few second. I want something much better now...

Your kind suggestions will be most welcome. I am nott looking for the cheapest set up - this time it must sound right ;D

Regards
from a swedish tug yard
Claes

fastfaz

Re: the most realistic sound module
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 07:30:02 »
   Hi,
       Have a look at the "Component shop" noisy thing 2 I heard this in action at the Haydock show and it is very good and various sounds are built in. Hope this helps.
      Regards,
            Peter.
The photo is my Lowgarth Mountfleet models but my own design and build (the kit quality and fit was very poor) I scatch built the superstructure from photos of the Foylegarth and scaled it off the figures. Sails superbly.

Gabi

Re: the most realistic sound module
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 00:00:24 »
The Beier sound modul, is a sound modul and a switch, I use it in my tug "Geeste".

http://www.beier-electronic.de/modellbau/produkte/usm-rc-2/usm-rc-2.php?sprache=gb

In Use: - Rotor Tug "Geeste" - ASD-Tug "Fairplay X" - - Voith-Schneider-Tug "Weser" - Harbourtug "Zimbrul", Lifeboat "Vormann Leiss" - Lifeboat "Siegfried Boysen",  under construction: Dregger "Josef Möbius"