Author Topic: Holyhead Breakwater Quarry Model Boat Club.  (Read 4340 times)

Mr Andy

Holyhead Breakwater Quarry Model Boat Club.
« on: December 16, 2007, 13:47:17 »
The Holyhead Breakwater Quarry Model Boat Club, sail at the old Holyhead Quarry from about 13.30 to about 15.30 Sunday and Wednesday, it is very nice to see new faces so please bring your boats if your passing through, and join us before carrying on your journey.
The club also meet every third Tuesday at the Coastgaurd HQ in Newry Beach, Holyhead.

All the best Andrew.

ellisgarth

Re: Holyhead Breakwater Quarry Model Boat Club.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 11:30:21 »
 hi andrew nice to see club still sailing . iI TUG TOWED  there  about 20 years ago .it was the first tugtowing comp on your lake it was published in your local paper 

Geoff C.

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 03:13:15 »
Hi, Yes so was I,    I used to sail there with my tug "Brocklebank"  with my son Tim.         Is Les Jones and Glynn and Len Francis still there?  Be nice to see them all again.      I'm boatless at the moment but there's an American Tugboat on the slipway having a shaft and rudder fitted.     See you there.    Cheers,Geoff.     PS.   I remember going to Ashton Park, Wirral Model Boat Club I think it was, with Glynn and Len, and winning 3 prizes ( 2 firsts and 1 second ) and beating the pros at Ship Handling (tug towing)    Geoff.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 03:25:29 by Geoff Cropper »
All my senior moments seem to be joined together these days.

Geoff C.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 04:37:06 »
Hi Andy,    I notice your post is dated Dec. 2007, is the club still sailing?  if so, could you let me know please?     Kind regards,  Geoff.
All my senior moments seem to be joined together these days.