Author Topic: Lloydsman seagoing tug  (Read 778 times)

Studiojohn

Lloydsman seagoing tug
« on: January 23, 2017, 02:32:04 »
Hi Everyone

I have started to make progress on my Lloydsman (64th scale) and I have found a few photos on the net but I only have just the plan that came with the Hull. Does anyone know where I can obtain any original drawings or better information as regards more details?

John

Toby

• Site Supporter
Re: Lloydsman seagoing tug
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 04:34:52 »
Hello John

If no one here has the plans or research to offer, then, apart from the usual internet searching you could try the archives in Edinburgh, to see if they hold the plans and photos or could at least perhaps advise who to contact / or point you in the right direction at least.

Then there is the Royal Maritime Greenwich who hold the largest stock of maritime items in the world. Send a message to:

Plansandphotos@rmg.co.uk

and ask them if they have the plans or if they know who retains the plans. They usually respond within 10 days after sending you an acknowledgement of your email enquiry.

If the tug is still in operation then find the company or private owner, for they surely ought to have the plans in case any issues arise or repairs required. If the vessel is no- longer in use then perhaps you could make contact with the last owner.

Have you asked the manufacturer of the kit where they sought the plan  in order to make the kit? I assume that they must have had access to a plan in order to produce a realistic model of the boat.

Do let us know the results of your endeavours!
I wonder how many on this forum have built this model?

Toby

Studiojohn

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 05:50:10 »
Toby

Many thanks for your reply.  I have pretty well exhausted the Internet directly with the usual searches and trawling and gathered as much as I can. I am sure I read somewhere that someone had builders plans but I need to know where to go to obtain copies etc.

The Lloydsman no longer exists as it was scrapped after being renamed to Salviscount (or something similar)

When I get a bit further down the road I will post up a build as I am producing a great deal of the superstructure with my 3D printer and some people might be interested in seeing the progress etc.

Thanks for the links which I will follow up.

regards
John

Toby

• Site Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 09:35:46 »
John it will be interesting to see the possibilities of the making of parts via a 3d printer

T

marky

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 01:01:14 »
Hi John,
I served my apprenticeship at Henry Robb where the Lloydsman was built ,if I still have them somewhere in my attic are some photos of the ship on the slip during construction  and if my memory serves there are also some of the interior ,bridge and engine room ,I will have a rake around and see if I can find them .

Cheers Marky