Author Topic: Yarra Tug Boat  (Read 777 times)

Yul

Yarra Tug Boat
« on: February 12, 2017, 16:22:11 »
Hi Guys!
Thank you guys for letting me join this great tug forum that I will need so much in my first time build.
I bought a set of 1/32 Yarra tug boat plans.
Is there a magazine article or any place where I could read anything releted in building this model from scratch?

sea monkey

• Site Supporter
Re: Yarra Tug Boat
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 11:33:03 »
I seem to remember an article in Model Boats back in the 1980s.
Hopefully someone here has a copy.
Look forward to your progress.
Steve

Kev30

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 02:00:19 »
Hi Yul
Yeah i remember the article in Model Boats magazine somewhere home here I've got a photo taken in 2007 when Adsteam the company that then handled the ships into Sheerness had the Yarra based in the Kent port as Adsteam then had just been taken over by Svitzer so the tugs were all different livery's. I'll see if I can put my hands on it for you.
Nice tug and pretty powerful I hope the tugs an enjoyable build.

Regards
Kevin

VANYA

• Ships need tugs.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 01:12:38 »
Was the Yarra built in Australia? Carrington Slipways, Brisbane.
VANYA

Kev30

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 03:05:35 »
Yeah I think the Yarra was built in Australia as after Adsteam bought out Howard Smith towage numerous tugs got sent over to the UK from Australia the Yarra later known at Lady Maria was one. Adsteam Keelby formally known as Redcliffe-05 and the Adsteam Victory was under the name of Gurroung-05 were also transferred to Britain. Only the Victory is still in service in the UK today.

Regards
Kevin

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 05:46:52 »
Hi folks I think we are talking about a different Yarra here , the first was around in the 80s and the later is the one that came to the UK.
Tugs are for life      George B

Kev30

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 15:57:07 »
I thought I had more photo's of the Lady Maria taken down at Sheerness in August 2007 funny enough the other newer tugs that then belonged to Svitzer were still in the Adsteam colors as the Lady Maria formally the Yarra was repainted into the Svitzer livery then shortly after sold on/transferred to another port. Not a brilliant photo but it gives a few ideals on layout etc.

Regards
Kevin
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 16:51:12 by Kev30 »

Kev30

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 16:23:58 »
Not the Yarra or Lady Maria I know but here's another photo taken down at Sheerness in August 2007 of the two new Damen tugs again shortly after the Svitzer takeover of Adsteam it shows the Warden on the left in fresh Svitzer livery while the Harty on the right is still in the Adsteam colors apart from a Svitzer prop painted on the funnel.

Regards
Kevin
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 00:57:13 by Kev30 »