Author Topic: YTB Plans  (Read 423 times)

Steve S

YTB Plans
« on: March 09, 2017, 16:50:00 »
I am interested in building a Navy YTB tug. I am looking for plans or a hull. Plans would be fine. There are plenty of pictures out there. LoyalHanna has a hull and plans but it is 1/48 and I would like to be 1/32. Also, I don't know if that hull is correct or not or if the plans are useful. I have sent questions to them but have not heard back. I see that there are people out there building these in various forms so they are getting something from somewhere.

Anyone out there have any ideas, short of going by pictures and drawing hull offset lines myself?

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
Re: YTB Plans
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 09:38:31 »
Hello Steve. . .I also would like to build a YTB and have thus far been given, from my
friend Michael, a set of original plans for the Navy YTB "Nokomis". I believe they would
be just what you need to start your tug. You can pick any scale you choose. Send me
your email address, 2tugboats@gmail.com, and I will get them off to you.

All here on the Forum of course want to see photos of your work on this fine old tug,
Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

sea monkey

• Site Supporter
Re: YTB Plans
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 12:08:59 »
I have a build on here of the 75' YTLs made for the USN during WWII in New Zealand and Australia.
The are quite different from the US built versions. I can send you some plans if you like.

Otherwise you could try asking on:
https://www.rcgroups.com/scale-boats-55/
A few guys there have built various YTLs. But come come back and show us your progress.
Steve