Author Topic: pictures of Malabar in French Dry Dock ?  (Read 693 times)

britcardoc1

pictures of Malabar in French Dry Dock ?
« on: March 15, 2017, 13:29:05 »
I am new here. Xtan posted pictures of Malabar in dry dock on March 29, 2009. I cannot find them. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
Re: pictures of Malabar in French Dry Dock ?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 16:21:56 »
Hello Britcardoc1. . .I searched here on the Forum and also didn't find Xtan's post about
the Malabar in drydock. However, I did find this picture on the Internet.

Also, if you go here: https://www.google.com/search?q=tugboat,+Malabar&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiW5fSO3dnSAhUHjlQKHUcaDiwQ7AkIKA&biw=1447&bih=807#imgrc=igs2MeyBB3NWyM:

will find about 20 or so pictures of the Malabar. She went down about 50 miles from where
I live here on Puget Sound, Washington, in 1995, Straights of Georgia, British Columbia. . .
a shame for such a super nice tug.

Be sure you post photos about your tug build as you go along. Welcome Aboard Britcardoc1,
Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

sea monkey

• Site Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 22:07:31 »
Great subject for a simple conversion from an Amsterdam.

britcardoc1

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 19:11:11 »
Yes, I have an unbuilt Amsterdam a new friend let me have and I wanted to make the propulsion correct rather than simple screw and rudder. So prototype had fixed screw with moving Kort with one fixed rudder. Found one in England so I dont have to turn one. Really a project I am fired up about. Looking for old Pitman/Dumas 12v brushed motor unless someone has abetter suggestion. Read some about automotive accessory motors..  I have a full basement machine shop so anything is fair game. Thanks.

sea monkey

• Site Supporter
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 16:59:46 »
Keep us posted with your progress.
The naval tugs weren't too different from the Amsterdam. I think the widows at the front of the superstructure were filled in/covered on the Malabar.