Author Topic: Dortmund 2017  (Read 360 times)

Kev30

Dortmund 2017
« on: April 07, 2017, 13:43:23 »
Here's a few photo's taken this week at the Dortmund Model Show.
The attached photo's show a Graupner transmitter fitted with moveable steering gear like the schottle / Z pellers tugs have fitted in there wheelhouse to manoeuvre a full size vessel.

The other shows a superbly constructed Fairplay tug built to a scale of 1:32 and was also fitted with homemade schottle drives all sorts of building materials were used in the construction of this model.

Regards
Kevin

Kev30

Re: Dortmund 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 14:02:47 »
Another selection of photo's taken in Germany this week which shows Bauer-Modelle latest creation which is still in development and got quite a lot of interest from the public.
It's a model of a Norwegian supply vessel Edda Flora and has two voith-schneider units to power the model and the voith units are much improved unit from the previous design as instead of using a motor powering the unit externally this design uses the design of the unit to actually house the brushless motor within itself and in doing it it improves the power output.
To make the model even more maneuverable it has a bow thruster fitted like the full size vessel.
The gentleman who runs Bauer-Modelle say that the model of the Edda Flora be roughly 600-700 euros and this doesn't include any of the voiths or radio gear.
By the way the picture showing the two units mounted in the rear of the boat one of the units looks out of focus it wasn't because I drank too much German beer the night before which meant I had camera shake the gentleman who ran the company had these units running to show the public and they ran beautifully and smooth.

Regards
Kevin

ray28507

• Admiral Poster
  • WESTERN MARINER
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 21:29:24 »
  hi kev  that transmitter was  great bit of kit  as were all the stuff on the trade stands
  bauer modelle new voith units  are a huge improvement on the old style ones  very quiet while running
 the new shottle units were also a improvement to the older one's   roller bearings  belt drive so you can go  360'
all good stuff thats for sure!
this was my first time at dortmund  i was very impressed by all the models there from trains boats trucks planes drones
regards ray   
B.C tugs >>  ken mackenzie~07   nellie irene~07    freewinds ~04       sidewinder'in b.c~11'   iron horse~12  malley b~16  western mariner ~14
western mariner  shuswap 'still in the making'
  u.s.a tugs> >  nanuq~11

Kev30

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 14:18:53 »
Two more pictures taken last week in Germany one is of a Fairplay tug and the other is another view of the Edda Flora kit model due for release soon, it also shows the brass etchings for the model in the bottom of the picture.
I hope there of interest
Regards
Kevin

VANYA

• Ships need tugs.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 19:07:39 »
So those VSP are just like giant Brushless motors? does away with the need to add the motor to the unit externally I guess.
VANYA

Kev30

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 23:09:54 »
Absolutely Vanya the gentleman who had designed and made them had them running on the stand and demonstrated how slowly they could run.

Regards
Kevin