Author Topic: Stevns Arctic  (Read 635 times)

chipchase

Stevns Arctic
« on: June 07, 2017, 00:49:20 »
Hi al,l long shot but has any one got any hull line drawings for the Stevns Arctic

Brian
Brian

Kev30

Re: Stevns Arctic
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 12:33:20 »
Hi Brian
I've got two companies in Germany that might be able to help or they might know if anyone does produce this tug hull as there web-site is in German and being Bristolian I struggle to speak English let alone understand German. These companies exhibit at the Dortmund show in April every year.
eMail: Verkauf@Hobby-Lobby-Modellbau.de

The other company is: kagelmacher modellbau      now they were not in Dortmund this year Brian but their website isn't all that clear to understand but I do know they produce a lot of tug hulls in various scales.
I've contacted a guy a few weeks ago regarding your Stevns Arctic hull I'll email him again to try and chase him up to see if anyone does/produces a hull.

Regards
Kevin

chipchase

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 14:48:07 »
Many thanks Kev I have managed to get some GA drawings but still unable to get hull lines, I have always wanted to build this tug i think she will look good at 1/32 scale, i will let you know if i manage to et hull lines.
Brian

Volker

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 00:28:29 »
As far as I know the Kagelmacher webshop is closed since a few years. He only does professional model building for companies.

Contains you GA drawing bow view, stern view, and deck plans? In some GA plans the designers leave the frame lines in the bow and stern views. If this is the case you can locate their location in longitudinal direction using the deck plans.
Regards, Volker

Kev30

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 01:55:58 »
That's a shame as Kagelmacher made a really nice 1:32 scale line boat as I saw them in Dortmund a nice size boat at a scale I prefer to build in it's a great shame there not still producing these for general sale. I've attached a photo.

Out of interest Brian is the tug a Robert Allen design the reason l ask is that both RA and Damen do not release hull lines for any of their tug designs as I made enquires regarding the new Milford Haven tugs that service the new gas terminal as I thought these would make a nice working model.
I contacted RA after getting their contact details on their web-site and I had a nice email back but they stated they don't release plans which is a pity as most modern tugs are either Robert Allen or Damen now.

Regards
Kevin

Volker

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 01:06:08 »
According to the Maritime Journal Stevn Arctic's sister, Stevns Ocean, was built to a Robert Allen design:
http://www.maritimejournal.com/news101/tugs,-towing-and-salvage/a_new_canadian_tug_for_european_operators

Best contact would be Groupe Océan in Quebec as they own both tugs since 2013.
Regards, Volker