Author Topic: HMS BULLDOG  (Read 460 times)

deep diver

Re: HMS BULLDOG
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 10:40:00 »
Hi Toby

Sorry only have the Starboard side on the water, hope it help's.

Fred

That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.

Toby

• Site Supporter
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 11:46:14 »
Thanks for those photos. The Dean's Marine one I believe you said it was.  It looks large in the photos!  I hope that I shall be able to recreate all that detail. It is what makes it.
I note that there is added thickness running around the bulwarks unset the capping. Is that flat or semi- round. Width appears to change. That is nor in the moulding of my hull. So work to do the as well.

Must have a look to see what is included in the DM and then if there are any images of individual items shown to draw them up-scaled to make patterns.

Toby

deep diver

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 15:23:47 »
Hi Toby

The one in the photos is not of a Deans boat, it is of one that I found on the internet, if I can help with items off the Deans kit just ask and I will do my best to help.

Fred
That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.

Toby

• Site Supporter
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 15:42:05 »
In the DM Kit do you get a drawing or booklet showing deck furniture details and sizes etc?

Toby

deep diver

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2017, 01:44:05 »
Hi Toby

I will have a look and let you know.

Fred

deep diver

« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 09:41:14 »
Hi Toby

Have a look at this vid https://youtu.be/etFNQsEJ_ik about two min's in.

Hope it works.

Still looking for info with regards to drawing's

All the best

Fred

Toby

• Site Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 10:12:19 »
Well spotted Fred!

The slow motion is quite effective and for the warships shows the riding up and down the wave. At normal speed it all happens so fast.

I have had problems with the Humbrol paint and this has meant little progress. I think that new chemicals are being used and the application certainly suffers. The matt vanish reacted to the gloss paint.  Sorted and I brushed on a Matt red  which has dried with mixed sheen across the keel.

Perhaps Humbrol is no good anymore?