Author Topic: HMS BULLDOG  (Read 817 times)

deep diver

Re: HMS BULLDOG
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 10:40:00 »
Hi Toby

Sorry only have the Starboard side on the water, hope it help's.

Fred

That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.

Toby

• Site Supporter
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 11:46:14 »
Thanks for those photos. The Dean's Marine one I believe you said it was.  It looks large in the photos!  I hope that I shall be able to recreate all that detail. It is what makes it.
I note that there is added thickness running around the bulwarks unset the capping. Is that flat or semi- round. Width appears to change. That is nor in the moulding of my hull. So work to do the as well.

Must have a look to see what is included in the DM and then if there are any images of individual items shown to draw them up-scaled to make patterns.

Toby

deep diver

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 15:23:47 »
Hi Toby

The one in the photos is not of a Deans boat, it is of one that I found on the internet, if I can help with items off the Deans kit just ask and I will do my best to help.

Fred
That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.

Toby

• Site Supporter
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 15:42:05 »
In the DM Kit do you get a drawing or booklet showing deck furniture details and sizes etc?

Toby

deep diver

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2017, 01:44:05 »
Hi Toby

I will have a look and let you know.

Fred

deep diver

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 09:41:14 »
Hi Toby

Have a look at this vid https://youtu.be/etFNQsEJ_ik about two min's in.

Hope it works.

Still looking for info with regards to drawing's

All the best

Fred

Toby

• Site Supporter
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 10:12:19 »
Well spotted Fred!

The slow motion is quite effective and for the warships shows the riding up and down the wave. At normal speed it all happens so fast.

I have had problems with the Humbrol paint and this has meant little progress. I think that new chemicals are being used and the application certainly suffers. The matt vanish reacted to the gloss paint.  Sorted and I brushed on a Matt red  which has dried with mixed sheen across the keel.

Perhaps Humbrol is no good anymore?

deep diver

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2017, 08:17:24 »
Hi Toby

When I was at the Warwick Show I has a talk to Ron Dean about HMS Bulldog, and he said that he has all the parts that I would need to refit my model, I also got my hands on a plan that come's with the kit, I hope that the attachments come out will post the rest after these three.

fred

deep diver

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2017, 08:18:52 »
Next Three

deep diver

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2017, 08:19:42 »
and the next,

Toby

• Site Supporter
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2017, 10:45:35 »
Fred

Thank you for posting those line drawings for your model. I am pleased to hear that you can buy the fittings that you need from RD. That will l save some time compared to what it looks as though I shall have too make.

I too have been busy and have acquired a couple of sheets which I will try to photograph and post up for you.

One matter I have only just realised is from where I could buy some 1:48 scale Royal Navy patterned stanchions. I only realised the other day that my warships require the same when I noticed the 'unusual' pattern compared to usual spacing of the rails.  I have found some  1:96 for an HMS Intrepid model but I require some in 1:48 for Bulldog and Leeds Castle.  The two pages I have acquired for Bulldog show too the RN stanchions pattern.

Was the Warwick show good?  I just did not have sufficient notice to plan the journey to it.

Regards

Toby
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:47:42 by Toby »

deep diver

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 01:33:33 »
Hi Toby

Warwick for me it was not a good show so few traders now, this could all be down to the cost a floor space.

I am glad that you got some paper work for your boat.

One thing that I forgot to say was that some of Dave's moldings have been taken over by Mountfleet and Bulldog was one of them, so it might be an idea to give them a call.

In the past I have found Ron Dean to be a good suppler of parts he just my be able to help you with parts, one time he re scaled a gun for me at a very small cost. 

Now that it is getting colder I can only do a small amount of time working on the boat's as I am in a unheated garage.

All the best

Fred

Toby

• Site Supporter
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2017, 04:03:06 »
Fred

Sorry to read that the show was not enough interest for you.

Dave's mouldings taken over by Mountfleet.... which Dave; I am not sure who.

This is the time of year to have a work board that you place on the kitchen work surface or on the dining room table .... rooms where there likely is heat! :)

Toby

deep diver

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2017, 06:57:32 »
Hi Toby

The Dave I am on about is Dave Metcalf,

As for working in door's I am in a two bedroom bungalow, and have only just finished the kitchen work top still have to do the paint work to do. also we have a kitchen dinner so no working until it is finished.

As for the show I still say that the cost of floor space is too high, if they were to lower the costing's so that a trader can cover the cost of the floor space plus a small profit at the end of the day then they would get more trader's to the event then more people through the door, after all most of our local model shop's are closing evey day, sorry for my rant.

All the best

Fred

Toby

• Site Supporter
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2017, 18:36:22 »
Can anyone confirm the size, number of blades and appearance of the propellers for this ship either full- size or 1:48  scale measurements.

Toby