Author Topic: TYNE WEAR TUGS  (Read 1255 times)

howard main

TYNE WEAR TUGS
« on: December 10, 2017, 13:29:43 »
Hi Gent,
 Am a Tyneside lad looking for fitting plans pictures of tow-hooks  anchor winches and stern captains/winches on the aft main deck of the Holmsider, Wearsider, Cragsider, Hendon. at 1;24 scale and any other  fitting so I may make some if I have to or have any of them have fitting common to some or all.

Regards Howard.

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
Re: TYNE WEAR TUGS
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 00:10:02 »
Welcome to the Forum Howard. You are in the right place to find the pictures and information you seek.

Welcome Aboard,
Michael
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

sea monkey

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 12:21:45 »
Hi Howard,
Welcome aboard. There is a recent build of a very nice Hendon in the Classic Diesel section.
Steve

howard main

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 08:09:14 »
Hello Steve & Michael,
First thank you for your replies Steve I read the Hendon build and have found it very useful tried replying last night but it into cyberspace, lol
 I have the Northsoider / Ironsider,   Holmsider /Wearsider /Seasider /Tynesider.  & Hendon / Cragsider. I am hoping to get very soon  ihave fittings for the Northsider but will have to make my own for the Wearsider and Hendon, which is why am looking for plans of after main decks and fore decks plus Towhooks I have build up a few photo's of the Tugs but none show clearly what am after, the only other wish list is hopefully   a Ryhope / Grangetown / Cornhill / Whitburn in 1:24 scale to go with the others. maybe I'll have to ask Ant or Chipchase sometime  if they'll think about it  we can all dream.

Regards Howard.   

howard main

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 15:43:41 »
Hi Gents,
 Just to let you know I collected my Hendon/Cragsider hull today looks a goodun.
     will let you know.
                             Regards Howard.

Kev30

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 11:57:23 »
Hi Howard
I believe the company that manufacture the Hendon / Cragsider hull used to make the tug hulls for Tyne Models and are very well made and produced, I also think Chipchase made some of the plugs for the hulls to be made from as I know he made the Svitzer Maltby hull master for them.

All the best with your build.
Regards
Kevin

howard main

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 13:27:39 »
Hello Kevin,
 As far as I know Tyne Models make they own hulls  Anth at Orion Mouldings of Sunderland
   makes the Hendon/Cragsider, which yes Chipchase made the plug, Anth also makes the Holmsider /Wearsider, Tynesider, and I think Seasider as they was all sister Tugs all 1:24 scale 

Regards Howard.