Author Topic: Off to the ship breakers yard  (Read 418 times)

tassie48

Off to the ship breakers yard
« on: May 12, 2018, 17:04:52 »
Mate of mine is planning a trip to the breakers yard to view the operation and to purchase some ships bells have my hand up for one as well wants  me to go along as well 4 of them going told it would be a once in a life time event to do I still can not get my head around the poverty of the place let alone the vastness of the breakers yard ,seems he has hitchhiked a ride ashore on one running up the beach  still thinking about it tassie48

sea monkey

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
Re: Off to the ship breakers yard
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 23:12:37 »
Is that at one of the yards in India?
You'll have to be quick, I'll bet all of the good bits go missing before they hit the beach.

tassie48

Re: Off to the ship breakers yard
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 11:53:07 »
Steve he is on a old freighter in the morning then on a Passenger ship in the afternoon and then lucky sod is going ashore on a tug waiting to hear the name of her he is purchasing ships bells name builders boards and engine room name boards lifebuoys and other Treasures seems 5 grand will fill a 20 foot container of goodies I am keen to go just the fact that they are so poor Dave is taking over a lot  of books pencils rulers erasers and english books for the local schools  hence the ride ashore ticket he has six gopro cameras he is going to set up on each run .Years ago I worked at port Wanganui the harbor master was ex RN and his last job was to ring full ahead and drive a RN Destroyer ashore seems she was the last open bridge destroyer in the RN and he said he loved it had all the crew on the bridge even the Chief engineer came up to view the event tassie48