Author Topic: WHO'S UP FOR US DOING A RAFFLE ?  (Read 11517 times)

Norry M

• Site Supporter
Re: WHO'S UP FOR US DOING A RAFFLE ?
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 01:33:36 »
....Hi Guys...

What we used to do at our Football Team Dances etc was to write your name on a Five Pound note & they all went into a bag or tub & you pulled out the winning Ticket(5 note)

If we all send in a 5 donation (with our name on it) to the "Keep The Forum Alive Fund" Before a certain date,...A portion could go to a Charity...
 Then The Webmaster, Moderators & anyone else who wants to witness the draw can attend a certain venue at a certain time...(Ellesmere Port or Birchwood in August ) for instance & make the Draw...

Shoot me down if you wish, Its just an idea...

...Best Regards...Norry...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 01:36:33 by Norry M »
Get Yir Tugs Oot Furri Bouys

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2008, 03:59:01 »
Norry,

A great idea.......Can you send in my fiver for me as we don't have such things down here!!!!

Barry
Barry

Norry M

• Site Supporter
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 06:35:39 »
No Problem At All Barry...
Then Why dont we make it a 5 or a 10 Euro Note if there is such a thing...That way we are not leaving out our overseas members...

As I said Its only an Idea but it can be Tweaked into a Great Idea...

...All The Best...Norry...
Get Yir Tugs Oot Furri Bouys

HS93

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 06:46:41 »
Just set up a pay pal acount for it ...   I would trust the modarators, but I still think a donate box and every so often a reminder to put a few bob in ,, and have the raffle for people who have posted in the last month or two, who are supporting the site by posting, without post's the site would be errrrrrr  Boring

Peter

manxman

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 08:01:21 »
Aren't you sorry you started this thread T'Master,
can't have much hair left by now with all that tuggin' at it !  ;D

A signed 5 / 5 note is a great idea, for those members living in Britain/Europe, but our members/friends are world wide !
also cash/letters have a habit of going missing/lost, especially travelling across continents.
PayPal seems the way (not sure whether its world wide, certainly most of it) for donations, again not everyone has an account or wants to open one with computer fraud and identity theft always around.

The donate button mentioned in an earlier reply (through PayPay) is a good idea on the home page
Mayhem has a donate button, how does Martin work it ?

Go on Tuggy, give it another little tug for me !  :)

Cheers - Ken

Just thought of some thing else (god it hurts, this thinking lark)
I know its a club prize - but why don't you or one of the administrators keep it !
No wait, if you keep it you can build it and put the whole build up on the forum !
That way we will all get to enjoy the building of it and save money, as you'll have to pay for the running gear etc ?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 08:13:22 by manxman »
No matter which way you throw me - I'll always stand.

manxman

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 20:50:40 »

Its a strange world we live in ...

We will go out and spend shed loads of our hard earned money on a kit for our next build, and here, the forum has a kit to GIVE AWAY, from a generous sponsor and nobody seems to want it !
TugMaster and the team have put up a poll for ideas on how to give it to you and only 17 of us have voted so far. Come on guys'n'gals - I know some of you are either shy or just watchers (I'm a silent member on a few other forums and just like to see whats happening)
So move that mouse of yours and click that button today.  :D

Talking of sponsors T'master, Why hasn't the donator of the kit been mentioned, can't we blow his trumpet a little !

manXman

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2008, 01:01:15 »
Ken,
This thread was just to throw ideas around before we fully launch the next raffle/comp/auction/etc

There has been a good response, perhaps not in the voting, but more importantly in the ideas put forward. Which we thank all the members who contributed.

I think Myself and the moderators have concluded the way we will go with this and will let everybody know in a normal big launch !

This has all been possible by Tugs53, Mike, securing us another sponsor who's trumpet will be fully blown when we launch which will be in a couple of days !

I know this has been bit of an unusual way of doing things but I always like to listen to the members and give them, you, a chance for an input and desision making on the forum. Its not my forum. Its our forum.

TugMaster
Ok, so I like a drop !

thelongbuild

• Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2008, 04:13:19 »
Ken,
Its not my forum. Its our forum.

TugMaster

Whatever you say Sir   :D :D :D
Next Build M.S.C Volant after 1 other.

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2008, 04:32:18 »
er, perhaps better to put another way... just saying that the forum belongs to the members type thingy  :D getting a bit off topic now !
 ^-^
Tugmaster

Ok, so I like a drop !

thelongbuild

• Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2008, 04:46:47 »
As a previous winner I Personally saw no problem with the raffle , quite how you would administer it would be another headache, but what ever you decide I'm sure will be just fine.. GOOD LUCK..and looking forward to see what the model is, It is a model is'nt it and not a full size one !!
Next Build M.S.C Volant after 1 other.

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 03:02:41 »
Ok, Thank you for all the differing opinions ....the voting bit at the top does'nt really reflect all that has been said.

I think a raffle is a good idea, but in hindsight it could have its difficulties with possible legal side of things...would we sell enough tickets...?.....problems with payments etc.

Ebay is a possibility but again, possible problems with payments, members may not have accounts, may be sold to a non member, etc, etc.

So, we have put all these ideas and opinions together and have decided to go for an in house auction open to all members, using any payment method and to run the whole thing on a thread so to keep things all above board and open.

Thats what the moderators and I have decided and I think its the best option for the members and the sponsor. So keep an eye on the Forum for the full launch and details of the auction

Next prize donation will be back to using it for a competition !

Cheers

TugMaster
Ok, so I like a drop !

manxman

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2008, 21:25:54 »
Great idea T'Master, our own private "E-Bay"
eagerly waiting to see if anyone tops my offer to two yaks and a goat  ;)

Cheers - Ken

Nothing to do with the thread, just being nosey
But noticed on some replies the word "Logged" bottom/right corner and others have a 00.00.00.000 type number.
What does the number mean ?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 21:32:01 by manxman »

tango

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2008, 00:45:06 »
Hi Ken, that number is your unique IP address from your service provider. You can see yours but not anyone elses.
Anyway your offer of 2 yaks and a goat won't be high enough........as my highest bid will be 4 camels, 2 goats and a weekend with my wife!!!!!!!!!! ^-^ ^-^ ^-^    Now I am going to hide somewhere!!!!!
Mark.
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE JUST FOUND A 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.

manxman

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2008, 00:59:40 »
Cheers Mark - just curious

I'll take the camels & goats - keep the wife, I've heard the rumours  :-[

You do know that your other half has had you chipped don't you !,
remember a few months back and you'd had just the one too many and waking up the next morning and rubbing the back of your neck !
There's no place to hide .....

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2008, 01:02:14 »
Well tugmaster I will willingly offer a busted ankle but i do not think any one would want it.

your idea of an in house auction is great keep up the good work

yours aye george.
Tugs are for life      George B