Author Topic: Looking for plans - vintage Veron Titan tug  (Read 726 times)

Rapid 1

Looking for plans - vintage Veron Titan tug
« on: June 27, 2019, 16:57:34 »
Hello

I am currently looking for the plans to build the old Veron Titan tug
Any help would be appreciated 

des

Re: Looking for plans - vintage Veron Titan tug
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 14:13:26 »
Hi Rapid 1

Are you looking for plans in order to build a model from a kit that you already have?  Or are you looking to build a model from scratch using the old plans?  Either way, I found this info on the Modelboats.co.uk web forum - but be aware this response was 11 years ago and may no longer be a good source.  Nothing expires on the web.

Veron's designer Phil Smith is still selling the Veron range of aircraft and boat plans, that were originally marketed as kits. In this forum I have a posting about the Police Launch, which I have recently bought the plans for from Phil.

Phil Smith, can be contacted at:-  32, Verwood Crescent, Southbourne, Bournemouth, Dorset. BH6 4JE.

Hope this helps.

Des.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 14:16:24 by des »

Rapid 1

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 07:17:42 »
Hello Des

Thank you for responding to my post appreciated no I do not have the kit .I was originally  looking for a full set plans to build from perhaps, I like the design of the ( titan tug). I did a bit of research correct me if I am wrong, but it seam to me the Veron line of boat kits were never design with a set of build plans, unfortunately just built instruction, for a bread and butter design build. Do you have the Police launch kit and you were just getting the build instruction from him or did he send you a full set of plans to build from ? 

des

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 17:08:44 »
No, I don't have anything from Veron at all - I had never even heard of them until yesterday.

There was an earlier post on this Forum by another member in regard to the Veron Titan kit, but it then morphed into another discussion with no further mention of Titan.

From what I saw about the Veron kit, it looks to be a fairly basic kit of a free-lance boat design, and is not a model of an actual tug.

Good luck with your search.

Des.

Rapid 1

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 18:56:49 »
Ok my mistake got it!! you took from actual context's a statement made

Thanks 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 18:58:41 by Rapid 1 »